Iron Maiden studio album 17 rumours and speculations

Status
Not open for further replies.
Although Janick didn't write Blood Brothers (which was written by Harris) I really like his solo on the song and it's among his finest, and shall I recycle my earlier comment:
Middle part of "Blood Brothers" (4:00) onwards, with clean-guitar and then distortion (5:17) with Janick's magnificent solo (5:44). That's great and I love it.
I've experienced this song live in concerts, it brings a bit tears to my eyes and feelings as I've always thought of those that have passed away.
I just want one moment like that from him on next album. And I hope that he will again deliver something as good as book of souls or the legacy.

Janick and Harris writing combo produces magic.
These songs they have produced together:
"The Apparition"
"Weekend Warrior"
"Lord of the Flies"
"The Unbeliever"
"The Mercenary"
"Dream of Mirrors"
"Dance of Death"
"The Pilgrim"
"The Legacy"
"The Talisman"
"The Book of Souls"
"Shadows of the Valley"

Speaking of song writing credits, I had no idea that Murray co-wrote Nomad. That song sounds like a “Harris Epic” ever there was one and it’s my favorite song on BNW. I still wish they’d played it live instead of Dream.

These songs they have produced together:
"The Apparition"
"Weekend Warrior"
"Lord of the Flies"
"The Unbeliever"
"The Mercenary"
"Dream of Mirrors"
"Dance of Death"
"The Pilgrim"
"The Legacy"
"The Talisman"
"The Book of Souls"
"Shadows of the Valley"
Other than The Apparition, Weekend Warrior and Shadow of the Valley, i love all the others

Speaking of song writing credits, I had no idea that Murray co-wrote Nomad. That song sounds like a “Harris Epic” ever there was one and it’s my favorite song on BNW. I still wish they’d played it live instead of Dream.
Yep and that Nomad was originally written for Virtual XI. So it's probably Dave (of them 2) that brought certain influence on that track (not gonna talk more about it).

I love The Nomad. It is such a shame though.
Never knew about it (even if I bought BNW on the release date, little I did back then know of any Beckett), before I read somewhere on the internet.
Some similar cases (not Maiden related) I've noticed easily upon the first listening..

Were either Beckett-things (Nomad Or Hallowed Be Thy Name) ever talked earlier than 2010?
I don't remember seeing any mention or talk of this when Brave New World was released in 2000 and nobody (that I knew) didn't know any Beckett.
I think I found this whole thing first when I browsed this forum almost decade ago:

More and more it looks like we'll get the album announcement on 15th and the new single on the 19th (unless they ramp it up after 9th, the SSOASS day).
Maybe the single indeed will be released on 15/07 (regardless of the stories with the album covers)... it's the date on the poster after all.

Or they can do like for TBOS -> album announcement on 15/07, single out in August, album out in September.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back