Iron Maiden studio album 17 rumours and speculations

Status
Not open for further replies.
“Live Forever” and all these recent references to live albums and concert venues are really making me start to wonder if there’s going to be a career-spanning live box set released alongside the new studio album.

“Live Forever” and all these recent references to live albums and concert venues are really making me start to wonder if there’s going to be a career-spanning live box set released alongside the new studio album.
It's curious. But isn't it the best time to release such a career-spanning live box set after the band retires...

Plus Raising Hell VHS and Maiden England VHS + CD double pack:lol:

:lol:

Donington 92 VHS probably counts as a seperate release too, as I'm pretty sure it came out at a different time, and was far more readily available than the limited release of Live at Donington

It's curious. But isn't it the best time to release such a career-spanning live box set after the band retires...
Sure, maybe. Did the existing live albums ever get the remaster treatment that the studio albums did in 2015? If not, maybe it’s something as simple as that.

As far as double albums go: every album since FOTD has been a double album on vinyl, with the exception of TBOS, which was a triple album. If the band is actually releasing a — by their labeling — triple album, I would assume that it would be a triple album on CD, not vinyl, since that seems to be their primary format in the market nowadays (for obvious reasons), hence why TBOS was billed as their first double album.

I want as many as possible Adrian/Bruce or Adrian/Steve song credits :ok: Short rockers to lighten up the burden of mammoth epics.
Adrian did say in his times radio interview that he'd been writing with Bruce a lot. He tried to pass it off as meaning on the last few albums. But that's just him covering his tracks.

So you have reason to be hopeful.

FOTD CD is a single album. I remember that they did this distinction somewhere about BOS Being their first double CD but they ended up forgetting about this. The “first of something” os always marketable
See also: If Eternity Should Fail suddenly becoming the first song where they "all tuned down" to drop D, even though it was only Adrian and Janick in the final recording as far as we can tell and they did that on Mother of Mercy already, with Dave. Steve still hasn't done it once, so if they actually manage that on the next album I'm half-expecting that to become the "first" Maiden song in drop D.

See also: If Eternity Should Fail suddenly becoming the first song where they "all tuned down" to drop D, even though it was only Adrian and Janick in the final recording as far as we can tell and they did that on Mother of Mercy already, with Dave. Steve still hasn't done it once, so if they actually manage that on the next album I'm half-expecting that to become the "first" Maiden song in drop D.
The Thin Line Between Love and Hate and The Legacy are both in drop D too. Wasn't Mother in Mercy in D standard tuning or am I getting confused?

Well... ever since BNW there's been at least 1 song per album with at least 1 guitar tuned in drop D.
BNW: Ghost Of The Navigator, Brave New World
DOD: Rainmaker, Dance Of Death
AMOLAD: The Legacy
TFF: Mother of Mercy
TBOS: If Eternity Should Fail

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back