Iron Maiden studio album 17 rumours and speculations

Status
Not open for further replies.
So tour dates for next year have been announced, nothing happening till mid July, tour ends mid October.

In the studio for the beginning of the year, album announcement at the end of the tour and a release in December maybe?

Unless plans have changed, according to an interview with Steve from earlier this year they're going to start work on an album in early 2019.

Who knows though - it seems like they're not planning as far in advance as they used to.

Unless plans have changed, according to an interview with Steve from earlier this year they're going to start work on an album in early 2019.

Who knows though - it seems like they're not planning as far in advance as they used to.
Really? When did that happen? I heard vague comments about 'not too distant future', but no actual dates.

Really? When did that happen? I heard vague comments about 'not too distant future', but no actual dates.

I keep re-sharing this and everyone keeps forgetting about it :p

"Well, as is normal after a very long tour, we will take some time off ... well, rather them, because I plan to do some performances with British Lion this fall in Canada, Latin America and Japan , and I'll have to put the band back to the point. But I think that at the beginning of the year we will meet to start working on new themes, in fact we already have several ideas and some half-assembled songs for a new album. You know, you already know us, Iron Maiden does not stop, and the idea of a new album we already have in mind. "

I keep re-sharing this and everyone keeps forgetting about it :p

That alongside KS mentioning something was in the pipeline in an interview last year, and the tour dates not starting till July confirms it for me tbh.

How awesome would it be if Maiden finished the tour then the next day released their next album. The hype would be wonderful

Don't think we'd see an album released that quick but I could see an announcement at the end of the tour, which gives 6 weeks for the press machine to go into overdrive before the new album hits early December.

I guess they'll be no live album & DVD for LotB tour. It would come out after the 2019 tour, too soon before the next album.

That is a fair point, can't see them releasing both at the same time. Shame as I'd love a LOTB DVD.

December is historically a terrible time for new album releases. I think it's entirely plausible that they record early next year and just sit on it until well after the tour is over.

December is historically a terrible time for new album releases. I think it's entirely plausible that they record early next year and just sit on it until well after the tour is over.

Fair point, every album since DoD has been released in either august or september. I don't think they'd release it in the middle of the tour because of how themed the LOTB tour is. Maybe they'll sit on it till spring 2020? It does go against their usual schedule from the last decade or so though (record early in the year and release in the autumn)

So tour dates for next year have been announced, nothing happening till mid July, tour ends mid October.

In the studio for the beginning of the year, album announcement at the end of the tour and a release in December maybe?
I will say there is an unusually long period of time between now and the start of the tour. They have to be doing something in the studio. It makes sense. I wouldn't expect a release until 2020 though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back