Which camp are you in regarding album #17?

When will the 17th album be recorded?

• Early 2019-BEFORE the tour

• Late 2019-AFTER the tour

• 2020 (or beyond)

• Never

Results are only viewable after voting.

Whooten

Ancient Mariner
There has been a lot of opinions offered on when Maiden will record the new album. Various quotes from band members indicated early-2019 as a possibility but we haven't heard anything concrete. Now that 2019 tour dates are up, there seems to be at least a couple of options. Sooner, later, or the George RR Martin option.

The title question is recorded, not released. ;)
Thanks, I had totally misread it.

Anyway, I still maintain my 2020 vote. The tour ends in October, there's absolutely no way they'll record the album in late 2019. Early 2019 is a possibility, but highly improbable.

I sure wish I'm wrong, though.

I vote Never.

Time to hang up the very old boots and focus on fishing, beer, making beer, talking about beer, write, talk about writing books, golf, wives, kids, fishing, touring books, talking about yourself etc.

No time for albums there.

I vote Never.

Time to hang up the very old boots and focus on fishing, beer, making beer, talking about beer, write, talk about writing books, golf, wives, kids, fishing, touring books, talking about yourself etc.

No time for albums there.
You’re right, they should donate the rights to the Iron Maiden name to Paul Di’anno and Dennis Stratton, who could then mount a world tour as Iron Maiden, but only play Blaze-era songs to keep things fresh.

Paul could drunkenly slur through a 3-hour-long rendition of “The Angel And The Gambler”, then have a heart attack for the encore every night.

I hope they will do it before the tour, but they probably do only the writing before and recording after the tour

I'm in before tour camp. February/March bigger bulk of the album could be done, finishing touches late May/Early June.
Album out mid October, along with the announcement of new world tour a la SBIT, TFF and BOS starting February 2020.

Back