Iron Maiden studio album 17 rumours and speculations

Status
Not open for further replies.
No, it’s yet another song based on a famous book of the same name.
That's what I thought at first, but I'm pretty sure it's not the truth here. There's so much stuff about luck in the lyrics, which is something you need when playing cards... shit, for the life of me I'm trying to remember where I read the interview from Steve detailing it. Was there an interview? IDK, but I think you're wrong in this case.

That's what I thought at first, but I'm pretty sure it's not the truth here. There's so much stuff about luck in the lyrics, which is something you need when playing cards...
The first, second, and final verses pretty clearly reference the themes of the book, as far as I can tell. The book itself apparently compares the red of the army and the black of the church to the metaphor of a roulette wheel in the context of a revolution (which is itself a pun). The interior verses seem to be extending that metaphor into other games of chance. Makes sense to me.

Bruce has new book tour dates:
13 January in Italy
24 and 28 February in Benelux

That's 6 weeks to record an album in Paris in between!

Sounds like a plan. I'll have to remember checking Kevin Shirley's instagram to see if he posts some pictures of Paris. :)

The first, second, and final verses pretty clearly reference the themes of the book, as far as I can tell. The book itself apparently compares the red of the army and the black of the church to the metaphor of a roulette wheel in the context of a revolution (which is itself a pun). The interior verses seem to be extending that metaphor into other games of chance. Makes sense to me.
I honestly don't think it has to do with the book. There aren't any specific references. I think its again about the "walls of life and perils of death." Its probably my favorite song in Book of Souls and is somewhere in the top ten of my alltime favorite Iron Maiden songs. Each Iron Maiden album seems to have a specific theme and because Powerslave sort of had an overlying ancient Egypt theme, Book of Souls is sort of a spiritual sequel to PS, and its theme is mainly about Mayan Mysticism and general darkness.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back