Maybe word usage strikes twice
(repeat)

Reactions: Jer
I'll say it twice, I'll say it one more time
I'll say it twice, got to repeat again

Reactions: Jer
If you replace the head of the iron maiden with eddies head I think this would be a cracking album cover. Maybe also replace the guy with say someone looking more medieval too.
I have always thought there should have been an "official" artwork made of Eddie inside an iron maiden...at least I've never seen one.

I realize Maiden really has nothing to prove at this point in their career, they have released some of the best metal records of all time such as 'Powerslave', 'The Number of the Beast', 'Iron Maiden' but sometimes I really wish Maiden would release albums more constantly. Don't get me wrong I am still very gratefull for the albums we have had since Bruce and Adrian came back but I feel like Maiden have had plenty of time to had made more. 'Brave New World' (2000), 'Dance of Death' (2003), 'A Matter of Life and Death' (2006), 'The Final Frontier' (2010), 'The Book of Souls' (2015), so 5 awesome albums but I think some of the time spans are just way too long. 2 years between BNW and DOD is a good time span and 3 years between DOD and AMOLAD is alright but 2 years would have been better but from AMOLAD to TFF being 4 to 5 years was way to long and the same with from TFF to TBOS being what 4 years? I get it that Maiden has nothing to prove so late in their career but sometimes I wish maybe we never got the History Tours. The History Tours took off a lot of time from recording albums, I think in total 6 years combing all 3 history tours.
I am very curious to know your all thoughts on this, also I really hope we don't have to wait till 2020 for a new album.

At this point I don't really care. If it takes five years, it takes five years. If some time off is what they need to be fully motivated then it's ok. Adrian wants to fish a bit, Steve has British Lion, Bruce has 397 projects outside Maiden. Maybe that's why they still are active and get along. They don't have to make albums every third year. Besides they don't have the time for it, because album tours also take two years these days.

I realize Maiden really has nothing to prove at this point in their career, they have released some of the best metal records of all time such as 'Powerslave', 'The Number of the Beast', 'Iron Maiden' but sometimes I really wish Maiden would release albums more constantly. Don't get me wrong I am still very gratefull for the albums we have had since Bruce and Adrian came back but I feel like Maiden have had plenty of time to had made more. 'Brave New World' (2000), 'Dance of Death' (2003), 'A Matter of Life and Death' (2006), 'The Final Frontier' (2010), 'The Book of Souls' (2015), so 5 awesome albums but I think some of the time spans are just way too long. 2 years between BNW and DOD is a good time span and 3 years between DOD and AMOLAD is alright but 2 years would have been better but from AMOLAD to TFF being 4 to 5 years was way to long and the same with from TFF to TBOS being what 4 years? I get it that Maiden has nothing to prove so late in their career but sometimes I wish maybe we never got the History Tours. The History Tours took off a lot of time from recording albums, I think in total 6 years combing all 3 history tours.
I am very curious to know your all thoughts on this, also I really hope we don't have to wait till 2020 for a new album.
Yeah, It would be awesome if things were still like in the 80's when they put out a new album every year or two. I think we will get a new studio album next year, after the Legacy tour. They say they have no plans stopping anytime soon, but it would not surprise me if the next studio album is the last (hope it isn't).

There's no money to be made in recording anymore. It sucks but it's true.
The profit-model has definitely changed. There's an American music expert / analyst / blowhard named Bob Lefsetz who advocates foregoing the album format entirely & concentrating on releasing singles intermittently, to stay current & get plays / downloads. His argument is that the album isn't as lucrative as it once was; audiences are now "trained" to cherry-pick singles, instead of buying the whole album (tho' this is probably not the norm for IM fans); and no matter how much buzz you build for a new album, it's (mostly) forgotten by the public after a few days. Byproduct of info-overload & unlimited consumption options in the digital age. So, it's smarter to have a new single released periodically than take a few years off & load-up for a new album...

'Course, I'm an old dinosaur who greatly prefers the album format (and how the songs all fit together), but y'know what? If a full album is too time-consuming for the boys, I'd be cool with a new song / video getting dropped by IM every 5-months-or-so.

Be pretty awesome, in fact.

What I wish is that maiden would release more singles/eps like they used to do. I know there’s not as much of a call for it as there was years ago but I’m sure when they are making albums they have at least a couple of left over tracks that could be used as bonus tracks which would mean the fans would have something to tide themselves over with until they are ready to write a proper album.

I think that at this point they can make new album as digital release. It would be cool if after last legacy of the beast show they put info on website that album will be available to download and tour starts in two months. But it’s just a Dream.

Well, I also want Maiden to be again more creative with the singles and other stuff, but the things have changed since the 80's !

I just want for the next single: to have a proper artwork with Eddie, video with the band members on it and a couple of songs as a B-side.

For example:

1.the lead single from the album #17
B-side
2.Tears Of A Clown live from TBOS 2016 tour
3.Hallowed Be Thy Name live from TBOS 2016 tour

*or the B-side songs can also be released with video (not only audio) ! Like on the Futureal single which has TAATG with video as a B-side. TAATG single also have a songs with videos as a B-side: Man On The Edge and ATSS (live videos).... they can release so much cool stuff as a B-sides !

On their next album, Iron Maiden should include the song Deja vu.

Not a remake: Same exact version that's already on Somewhere in Time. With no explanation given -- and then, when anyone asks 'em why, IM should feign total confusion / denial.

Be kinda funny, in a sardonic / ironic / asshole-ish sorta way...

On their next album, Iron Maiden should include the song Deja vu.

Not a remake: Same exact version that's already on Somewhere in Time. With no explanation given -- and then, when anyone asks 'em why, IM should feign total confusion / denial.

Be kinda funny, in a sardonic / ironic / asshole-ish sorta way...
But instead of a 4 minute song it should be looped and made longer, like maybe around 11 minutes. Endless ''Feel like I've been here before"

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back