Iron Maiden studio album 17 rumours and speculations

Status
Not open for further replies.
Maybe we'll get a new album next year?

https://mariskalrock.com/actualidad...no-ya-estamos-preparando-temas-proximo-disco/

But I think that at the beginning of the year we will meet to start working on new themes, in fact we already have several ideas and some half-assembled songs for a new album. You know, you already know us, Iron Maiden does not stop, and the idea of a new album we already have in mind. "

If anyone's bothered, be warned there's a minor spoilery thing in that article in that the pic of Steve was likely taken on stage on this tour. It doesn't give much away, though.

What a piece of news. Nice find, Poto. The songwriting process could be very quick if they already have ideas.

Since the new album is pretty much confirmed by Steve, another idea for Eddie on the cover of the album (the other one was Eddie as a knight) is to illustrate Eddie in a coffin with spikes (the Iron Maiden) maybe in some kind of dungeon and he can appeared inside of, this ancient torture machine... :D Hey, that's a great idea for a cover art of their last album :p

Best outcome would be a new album next year, preceded by Legacy NA/SA tour with one song from the new album included in the setlist, then summer festival dates in Europe after the album is released, with more new songs in the setlist.

Then in 2020 there'd be a proper album tour.

(Selfish wish would be them scrapping the 2nd leg of Legacy altogether, but that'd be cruel for the Murican fans. This way everybody wins :p)

I'd be extremely surprised if a new song is played next year. I would expect them to tour the rest of the world with the same LOTB setlist, record the album at some point and either release it in the Autumn of 2019 or, more likely, in the Spring of 2020.

Perhaps the best way that things can happen would be:

- at least one live streaming of the current tour
- 'till the end of the year: Bruce new studio album 2018
- 2019: Maiden starts to write material for their new 17th studio album
- the LOTB tour continues in NA/SA or Asia,Africa,Oceania from April to July 2019
- September, 2019: a live and a video/DVD album of the current tour + second bonus disc - documentary film about the tour (with a new cover art - not a tour poster !)
- November, 2019: release of the lead single from the upcoming album (with a good cover art and video with the band members on it)
- December, 2019: the new studio album being released
-> 2020-2021: tour for support of the new album

Last edited:
Perhaps the best way that things can happen would be:

- at least one live streaming of the current tour
- 'till the end of the year: Bruce new studio album 2018
- 2019: Maiden starts to write material for their new 17th studio album
- the LOTB tour continues in NA/SA or Asia,Africa,Oceania from April to July 2019
- September, 2019: a live and a video/DVD album of the current tour + second bonus disc - documentary film about the tour (with a new cover art - not a tour poster !)
- October, 2019: release of the lead single from the upcoming album (with a good cover art and video with the band members on it)
- December, 2019: the new studio album being released
-> 2020-2021: tour for support of the new album
I'd hire you to replace Rod.

One other cool thing will be Maiden to bring back Derek Riggs for their new album... or maybe to work again with Melvyn Grant...

On a side note, I think the final Maiden's show should be at Donington Park (on home ground), but the show have to be when it's dark :cool:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back