IRON MAIDEN REFERENDUM 2020: Results -> Hallowed Be Thy Name wins for the 5th time!

Are you satisfied with the results?

• Total voters
@Jer What made my tracklist funnier than the ones made by others?
3. Fortunes of War
4. Judgement of Heaven
6. The Educated Fool

Arguably Blaze’s three worst vocal performances with the band. Might as well throw “Look For The Truth” in there to complete the shit parade.

3. Fortunes of War
4. Judgement of Heaven
6. The Educated Fool

Arguably Blaze’s three worst vocal performances with the band. Might as well throw “Look For The Truth” in there to complete the shit parade.
Fair enough. I admire the instrumental work in those songs and Blaze's vocals never particularly irritate me in Maiden songs.

3. Fortunes of War
4. Judgement of Heaven
6. The Educated Fool

Yeah .. of those, I think Educated Fool is a good song ... would like to hear Bruce take a crack at it. The other two are fine, but would end up in the Mother of Mercy category .. of not bad, just nothing really standing out

'Fortunes of War' through to 'Edge of Darkness' is a group of strong songs that don't deserve the number of votes they've received.

I'd much rather have
1. Futureal
2. Lord of the Flies
3. Fortunes of War
4. Judgement of Heaven
5. The Clansman
6. The Educated Fool
7. The Edge of Darkness
8. Sign of the Cross
This would be an amazing album indeed.

Mine would be:
1.Futureal
2.Lord Of The Flies
3.Man On The Edge/Don't Look To The Eyes Of A Stranger
4.The Clansman
5.The Educated Fool
6.When Two Worlds Collide
7.Judgement Of Heaven
8.Sign Of The Cross

For me, The X Factor is mostly a bunch of solid songs. There isn't a song on the album that I flat out dislike, mostly above average tunes at the very least. Unfortunately, it lacks true highlights aside from Sign of the Cross.

To speak in ratings, in a survivor setting songs need to be at least 4/5 level to advance a few rounds, and The X Factor just offers a lot of 3/5 songs for me. Sign of the Cross is 5/5, Lord of the Flies is 4/5, the rest are either between 3/5 and 4/5 or are 3/5.

Last edited:
Voted for For The Greater Good Of God, The Legacy, The Wicker Man, Fortunes Of War, Look For The Truth, Judgement Of Heaven, Blood On The World's Hands, The Edge Of Darkness, 2 A.M. and The Unbeliever.

8 votes for The Legacy, Lord of Light, Blood Brothers, and also Man on the Edge??? And 5 for Lord of the Flies?! The holy trinity at the beginning of The X Factor is that good?

Fortunes of War is tied with 2AM and The Aftermath. How is this happening, I thought Fortunes of War was one of the more popular songs on the album?
Simply love Fortunes Of War... it takes quite a bit to build but is so dark and strong that it is worthy. The Aftermath is a really great song but even so one of my least favorites in the lot and the same works for 2 AM. Anyway I simply love The X Factor even considering Blaze's performance being quite meh. Not a single bad song in it and rare skipable moments (exception being that beginning in The Unbeliever). They even relegated one of those sessions' best tracks to a B side (Judgement Day... Blaze's best performance from this era). Love it so much it ranks higher than excellent classics such as their debut and Number Of The Beast in my personal list

Last edited:
yi1wT33.jpg

Eliminated after Round 12:
Look For The Truth - 20 votes
The Unbeliever - 19 votes
2 A.M. - 17 votes
Fortunes Of War - 16 votes

Lord Of Light
The Legacy
The Aftermath
Judgement Of Heaven
Blood On The World's Hands

I don't really want to be voting off Judgement Of Heaven, but it'll go at some point so it might as well be now

Back