IRON MAIDEN REFERENDUM 2020: Results -> Hallowed Be Thy Name wins for the 5th time!

Are you satisfied with the results?

• Total voters
The Legacy
Blood Brothers
All of The X Factor except Sign, Blood, and 2 A.M.

...and Out Of The Silent Planet getting eliminated is a travesty.

yi1wT33.jpg

Eliminated after Round 11:
Out Of The Silent Planet - 13 votes
Before you know the crime it's all too late :(

Saaadnes suuuroounding me
2 great songs gone :(.

The usuals:
FTGGOG
Lord of Light
Wickerman

Now as for The X Factor:
I really like this album. It has a purpose to my ear beyond "I want to listen to the 'bad' album" (VXI). It's lengthy but it's not TBOS, it's darker like AMOLAD but you don't choke on 8 minute tracks, and it's not even similar enough to the solo Blaze works to be "interchangable" so to speak.

Choosing the worst is easy though.

Fortunes of War - this intro is too darn slow. It's like 4 minutes until we move on to something else, and when we're finally there it's already over. Comparison to Dirge for November, just because I'm on an Opeth binge: The heavy part in that song feels like a segue from the intro to the outro.

The other two I enjoy much more: 2 A.M. is the unfortunate victim of being in an album with so many more remarkable songs. The Unbeliever has its parts, but the instrumental break is not too impressive. That's it really...

Voted for:

• The Reincarnation Of Benjamin Breeg
• Lord Of Light
• Blood Brothers
• Man On The Edge
• Look For The Truth
• The Unbeliever

Man on the Edge, Look for the Truth, The Aftermath, Blood on the World's Hands, 2AM, The Unbeliever

Breeg (be gone already!)
Lord of Light
Legacy
Blood Brothers
Man on the Edge - the only TXF song I don't love

Guess I’m the only one that likes The Unbeliever. :(
I like it... but IMO it's kinda like the weakest link in a great album. Plus those pinch harmonics in the beginning are really out of place although when the song settles it becomes quite enjoyable.

Back