IRON MAIDEN REFERENDUM 2020: Results -> Hallowed Be Thy Name wins for the 5th time!

Are you satisfied with the results?

• Total voters
Voted for For The Greater Good Of God, The Legacy, Be Quick Or Be Dead, From Here To Eternity, Childhood's End and Judas Be My Guide.

yi1wT33.jpg

Eliminated after Round 15:
From Here To Eternity - 29 votes
Childhood's End - 24 votes

No Prayer For The Dying joins the game!

Wasting Love (easy)
Hooks In You (easy)
then i´ll go with Judas, Holy Smoke, No Prayer and Public Enema.

Be Quick or Be Dead, Wasting Love, Tailgunner, Holy Smoke, Fates Warning, The Assassin, Hooks in You, Bring Your Daughter to the Slaughter

I probably like BQoBD more than NPFTD, but I want the obvious Top 3 from FOTD to get promoted.

The Legacy
Afraid To Shoot Strangers
Fear Of The Dark
Holy Smoke
No Prayer For The Dying
Public Enema Number One
The Assassin
Hooks In You
Mother Russia

Be quick! The reincarnation of light wastes no prayer on the assassin’s warning.

All of No Prayer barring: The title track, Fates Warning, Bring Your Daughter and Mother Russia
Strangers
Judas
The Legacy

Legacy, Be Quick..., Tailgunner, Holy Smoke, Fates Warning, The Assassin, Hooks In You.

Sad to see Wasting Love getting a kicking. :(

I think NPFTD is a really fun album and one that I play more often than many other Maiden albums. It was a step into a more raw and unpolished realm which worked out because the instrumental Maiden drive is absolutely present. Songs like Bring Your Daughter and Hooks in You were once laughable for me but I've come to enjoy this hard rock side of Maiden a lot.

Bring Your Daughter and Hooks in You were once laughable for me but I've come to enjoy this hard rock side of Maiden a lot.
I don't think Bring Your Daughter is Hard Rock at all... The refrain is obviously metal, the choral part is eerie as hell and the bridge is before the soloing is really Maiden blueprint. The only exception is the verses that have that MJ's Thriller bass driven feel to it (that serves serves perfectly the intent with which it was initially written). Great song... too bad the lyrics are so corny. And yes, Hooks In You is definitely hard rock but, with the exception of the "I got my hooks in you" bridge, I think that it's really weak. Just doesn't work out for me as the vast majority of Maiden's pure hard rock stuff.

Back