Iron Maiden News, Links, and Interviews

Thanks for the sharing, @Melony. :) And happy new year and all the best to you !!! :cheers:

I wish you the same! 1672589889363.png

I found more; about money:

From "Metal Hammer" (Germany),
my translation:

"Iron Maiden & Guns N' Roses with high tour revenues in 2022

December 2022 by Lothar Gerber

In 2022, many metal and hard rock bands have again earned good money with their live shows, among them Iron Maiden, Guns N' Roses and Mötley Crüe.
Every year, the industry magazine "Billboard" publishes a ranking of musicians and bands who have been particularly successful live - in other words, who have earned the most money with their concerts.
This year, several metal and rock acts made it into the top 40. They include Def Leppard, Mötley Crüe, Guns N' Roses, The Rolling Stones, My Chemical Romance, Iron Maiden and Trans-Siberian Orchestra. The evaluation period for this ended on October 31, 2022.

Mass appeal wins
However, pop and hip-hop artists are at the top of the list. Climbing to No. 1 is Puerto Rican rapper Bad Bunny ($373 million in tour revenue, 1.8 million viewers, 65 shows). He is followed by Elton John ($334 million, 2 million viewers, 84 shows), Ed Sheeran ($246 million, 3 million viewers, 63 shows), Harry Styles ($214 million, 1.5 million viewers, 71 shows) and Coldplay ($208 million, 2.2 million viewers, 40 shows).
Then, in 6th place, The Rolling Stones report with $179 million in revenue, with Mick Jagger having managed this with only 20 concerts at all (950,000 viewers).
Right behind them are the Red Hot Chili Peppers ($177 million, 1.5 million viewers, 31 shows) and the joint stadium tour of Def Leppard and Mötley Crüe ($173 million, 1.3 million viewers, 35 shows). Also doing well were Guns N' Roses ($93 million, 1.2 million viewers, 27 shows), My Chemical Romance ($88 million, 715,000 viewers, 55 shows), Iron Maiden ($76 million, 985,000 viewers, 47 shows) and Trans-Siberian Orchestra ($54 million, 767,000 viewers, 98 shows).
..."

I wish you the same! View attachment 24326

I found more; about money:

From "Metal Hammer" (Germany),
my translation:

"Iron Maiden & Guns N' Roses with high tour revenues in 2022

December 2022 by Lothar Gerber

In 2022, many metal and hard rock bands have again earned good money with their live shows, among them Iron Maiden, Guns N' Roses and Mötley Crüe.
Every year, the industry magazine "Billboard" publishes a ranking of musicians and bands who have been particularly successful live - in other words, who have earned the most money with their concerts.
This year, several metal and rock acts made it into the top 40. They include Def Leppard, Mötley Crüe, Guns N' Roses, The Rolling Stones, My Chemical Romance, Iron Maiden and Trans-Siberian Orchestra. The evaluation period for this ended on October 31, 2022.

Mass appeal wins
However, pop and hip-hop artists are at the top of the list. Climbing to No. 1 is Puerto Rican rapper Bad Bunny ($373 million in tour revenue, 1.8 million viewers, 65 shows). He is followed by Elton John ($334 million, 2 million viewers, 84 shows), Ed Sheeran ($246 million, 3 million viewers, 63 shows), Harry Styles ($214 million, 1.5 million viewers, 71 shows) and Coldplay ($208 million, 2.2 million viewers, 40 shows).
Then, in 6th place, The Rolling Stones report with $179 million in revenue, with Mick Jagger having managed this with only 20 concerts at all (950,000 viewers).
Right behind them are the Red Hot Chili Peppers ($177 million, 1.5 million viewers, 31 shows) and the joint stadium tour of Def Leppard and Mötley Crüe ($173 million, 1.3 million viewers, 35 shows). Also doing well were Guns N' Roses ($93 million, 1.2 million viewers, 27 shows), My Chemical Romance ($88 million, 715,000 viewers, 55 shows), Iron Maiden ($76 million, 985,000 viewers, 47 shows) and Trans-Siberian Orchestra ($54 million, 767,000 viewers, 98 shows).
..."
Thank you. :)

The Steve and H one is class.
D13D1D56-003B-46FC-8F8B-E17A1920039C.jpeg

...and from the gig I was at. :D

Great company too. Beatles, Bowie and Queen.

Let's be under no illusion.

This is not done under any sort of tribute, or honour, to Maiden. They've been chosen as they have a fan base that's willing to be milked.
Hang on a minute! Are you suggesting that Royal Mail have not chosen to release this to honour the band? According to Rod even the Queen agreed to lend "her iconic silhouette to them"!

Since these are likely the last collectors stamps released with the Queen's head on them, they'll probably be quite valuable in a few years.

True which is why i've just ordered some. There are some very expensive collectors editions available however the main presentation pack with all of the stamps was less than £20 (including p&p in the UK) which i thought was good value so i grabbed one.

Back