Iron Maiden News, Links, and Interviews

Gas that Bellamy mentions Phantom of the Opera as that song of theirs that has a video of a guy in the wild west has a good riff section that sounds like Phantom

^ From the interview:

Bruce thinks Nicko is a more driving drummer than Clive.
His favorite song from POM is ''Die With Your Boots On''. He likes the chorus. I remember an interview from that time with Steve in which he said that his favorite songs from the album are Boots and Trooper. It's a band favorite in a way - but it hasn't been played live since 2005.
He thinks POM has a better production than TNOTB (''more clear mix'').
He always wants to work with Martin Birch.
They didn't gave Derek many ideas for the album covers, it was pretty much up to him and he always came up with something great.
His favorite band is Deep Purple.
The singers he listened to the most at the time were Gillan, Dio, Halford, Ian Anderson and Arthur Brown.

^ From the interview:

Bruce thinks Nicko is a more driving drummer than Clive.
His favorite song from POM is ''Die With Your Boots On''. He likes the chorus. I remember an interview from that time with Steve in which he said that his favorite songs from the album are Boots and Trooper. It's a band favorite in a way - but it hasn't been played live since 2005.
He thinks POM has a better production than TNOTB (''more clear mix'').
He always wants to work with Martin Birch.
They didn't gave Derek many ideas for the album covers, it was pretty much up to him and he always came up with something great.
His favorite band is Deep Purple.
The singers he listened to the most at the time were Gillan, Dio, Halford, Ian Anderson and Arthur Brown.
Thanks for this! I'm at work and can't watch this video. Interesting comment about Nicko as well. I'd always thought of Clive as the more "driving" drummer and Nicko as the more "technical all-over-the-goddamn-place-how-does-he-do-it" drummer.

Great video! A lot of work to make everything awesome. Perfect content for a tour documentary. From some of the footage of it, it looks like they have a recorded concert, probably waiting to be released - let's hope so.

The ''storytelling'' coat for Revelations is the one for Rime Of The Ancient Mariner (2008/2009 tour) and the cape for Sign Of The Cross is the one from the DOD tour. Rod suggested the mask for Fear Of The Dark to not be used for the later half of the song.

I think the most interesting thing is how he’s hydrated constantly in nose and mouth. Casually 2 days ago I saw a Eddie Trunk special program with Megadeth in which he asked Dave Mustaine about the struggle with cancer and how he’s hydrated on stage because he asked Bruce about it and he knows that Bruce usually has water bottles in several parts on stage to be hydrated to perform correctly and because he run and makes an acrobat job running, jumping, stress, custome changes, the flamethrower weight… it’s very interesting yes. I knew about this for Nicko and drummers who usually make a big physics effort through hours on stage.

We also need a video like this with Adrian, Dave and Janick for their guitars. Steve uses only two... :p
We actually need something about the whole band. This is centered upon Bruce, who becomes more and more egotiscal, while the others don't seem interested in talking about their jobs.
I now understand better why Bruce's vocal performance is sometimes not that good: the acting part of the performance is really demanding.

We actually need something about the whole band. This is centered upon Bruce, who becomes more and more egotiscal, while the others don't seem interested in talking about their jobs
We did get a long video of Nicko talking about his drum kit.

As far as the rest of the band goes, there isn't much to say. Steve plays the same bass every night on ever song. His video would last 10 seconds.

We actually need something about the whole band. This is centered upon Bruce, who becomes more and more egotiscal, while the others don't seem interested in talking about their jobs.
I now understand better why Bruce's vocal performance is sometimes not that good: the acting part of the performance is really demanding.
So you think Bruce demands these videos to be filmed and released to please his ego or whatever? Lol

Back