Iron Maiden News, Links, and Interviews

loneliness is impossible to sing, even in his prime bruce couldnt sing that one. and now even they tune it down or slow it down, it won't work... but if steve really said that they will rehearse the song, it means that they will try new songs this time... yet i couldn't find any real source of this interview.

while searching i found this interesting interview where steve give information about somewhere in time's writing process. it's from Enfer Magazine (France) – Numero 42 (below is the link). He praises Alexander the Great a lot, so I really wonder why they didn't play the song in that tour, as they played all the album closers up till that moment.

What is the probability of Bruce attending the ceremony if Maiden are inducted? I’d say 100% :D

loneliness is impossible to sing, even in his prime bruce couldnt sing that one. and now even they tune it down or slow it down, it won't work... but if steve really said that they will rehearse the song, it means that they will try new songs this time... yet i couldn't find any real source of this interview.

while searching i found this interesting interview where steve give information about somewhere in time's writing process. it's from Enfer Magazine (France) – Numero 42 (below is the link). He praises Alexander the Great a lot, so I really wonder why they didn't play the song in that tour, as they played all the album closers up till that moment.
Bruce couldn't sing it even in his prime? I'm not sure which song is more difficult tempo wise live - Aces or Runner. The former? The position in the set is really important for this. Maybe they will rehearse all SIT songs.

About Alexander, it's strange, yeah. Steve praised the song and then they didn't play it in 1986. An epic album closer! What was the story about the rehearsals back then? They didn't like how it sounded with 2 guitars? Dunno. The forgotten/difficult solo? Nicko had said that it didn't work back then, iirc.
Maybe in a subcategory like Priest? I doubt it. Not that it matters. Bruce's decision would be curious.

Bruce couldn't sing it even in his prime? .

I'm not an expert, but I've understood that those verses are relatively tough as there's quite a handful of words, it's not exactly very comfortable in terms of key, the change to the chorus is quick and the chorus isn't super comfortable either.

Doable? Maybe. But...

well, inside information from skunkworks period: bruce went to rock & roll hall of fame in the mid 90's while on tour and indeed gave his jacket (or sth) to the museum, had a great time etc. but we all know bruce, if there is an opportunity to bash aristocrat americans he does his best :) they didn't go to the grammies, or the brit awards (video acceptance) i don't think they will go to this one. it's hard for all the six of them to meet in one place other than the tours, tour rehearsals or recordings... but let's see.

well, inside information from skunkworks period: bruce went to rock & roll hall of fame in the mid 90's while on tour and indeed gave his jacket (or sth) to the museum, had a great time etc. but we all know bruce, if there is an opportunity to bash aristocrat americans he does his best :) they didn't go to the grammies, or the brit awards (video acceptance) i don't think they will go to this one. it's hard for all the six of them to meet in one place other than the tours, tour rehearsals or recordings... but let's see.

Yet he drools over when he meets royals in the UK... :lol: Pathetic.

I love the music he created, but let's call a spade a spade: during the Skunkworks period Bruce would have done anything to raise his profile.

Oh, he'll be there. He'll probably accept graciously and everything... or else he'll get whacked over the head by Steve backstage. :D

They are even shifting merchandising:

They were in Russia or Singapore (or somewhere in between) when they won the Grammy in 2011. Don't think they showed up any of the other years they were nominated though, the metal categories are shoved to the 'pre-show' anyways.

Back