Iron Maiden News, Links, and Interviews

If it wasn't for Adrian's interview I would have said a new Maiden studio album.
You could be right. Although ''exciting things'' can only be a new Maiden studio album...

maybe they will announce (at last) that the new album will be released after the short 3rd leg of LOTB tour.

You could be right. Although ''exciting things'' can only be a new Maiden studio album...

maybe they will announce (at last) that the new album will be released after the short 3rd leg of LOTB tour.
It can be anything. It should be new music.

Speaking of podcasts, here is a relatively quick show where a bigger fan of Maiden than Mick Wall tries to explain them to an uninitiated rube.

Something curious: Nick Bowcott (from Grim Reaper) applied for guitarist slot in Maiden back in 1979:

- btw, he is left-handed.

I actually applied for the Maiden guitarist slot," he said. I went to see Maiden when they were still unsigned. And when they advertised for a guitar player in 1979, I sent — I think I sent Grim Reaper's demo tape, which is gonna be released by a label very shortly, 'cause we found some okay versions of the cassette and we remastered it. And I've still got the letter from Maiden which was handwritten with a rubber stamp, saying, 'Hey, thanks for the application. The position is already filled.' And it went to Dennis Stratton. And I kept that letter."

He continued: "It's funny, all those years later, I'm friends with Nicko McBrain, and I haven't shown him that letter yet, but I found it recently, and so I posted it on Facebook, just 'cause I thought it was funny."

Something curious: Nick Bowcott (from Grim Reaper) applied for guitarist slot in Maiden back in 1979:

- btw, he is left-handed.

I actually applied for the Maiden guitarist slot," he said. I went to see Maiden when they were still unsigned. And when they advertised for a guitar player in 1979, I sent — I think I sent Grim Reaper's demo tape, which is gonna be released by a label very shortly, 'cause we found some okay versions of the cassette and we remastered it. And I've still got the letter from Maiden which was handwritten with a rubber stamp, saying, 'Hey, thanks for the application. The position is already filled.' And it went to Dennis Stratton. And I kept that letter."

He continued: "It's funny, all those years later, I'm friends with Nicko McBrain, and I haven't shown him that letter yet, but I found it recently, and so I posted it on Facebook, just 'cause I thought it was funny."
"to Dennis Stratton" - well eventually it did but in August 1979 it went to Paul Todd. Ok it also depends when he sent them the tape indeed.

"to Dennis Stratton" - well eventually it did but in August 1979 it went to Paul Todd. Ok it also depends when he sent them the tape indeed.
Well, considering that he says that he sent a tape and that the only ad that Maiden put on paper that requested to send a tape was the one published in December 1979, it does makes sense that indeed the job did went to Stratton, but the uploader of the images clearly has no idea...

@srfc I will forever blame you for having made me watch the most cringeworthy version of Enter Sandman ever. This would never have happened if you hadn’t reminded me that this show was on! :lol:

Back