Iron Maiden News, Links, and Interviews

:lol::lol::lol:

I have one of Martin's books on Maiden and don't care much for him at all, so this'll be a miss for me. He's too negative on too many aspects of Maiden and that annoys be because I prefer books to be a bit more objective and not opinionated. Like I'm good with an author talking about declining sales/smaller venues during the Blaze era. I'm not super into an author saying the Blaze era was just shit, however.

Yes, but without the arse-licking if at all possible.

Either way, it is highly unlikely given that the second and third editions were updated with chapters written by other journalists.
I only ever read the first edition. Published just months before Blaze was sacked and in it he's claiming that this was the strongest ever line-up.

Even at the time it seemed quite a far-fetched claim.

I have a couple of Martin's books as well and found them to be really poorly written and not much more than a bunch of statistics thrown at the reader without telling a real story about the subjects. I wouldn't be surprised if he uses a writer's mill for a lot of his content. Also, his top 500 Metal songs list is a real hit on his credibility, as extensively discussed in the Greatest Metal Song Cup™.

I'm also guessing a lot of the press snippets and interviews that will be sourced for that book are all readily available between here and the IMC, I don't think you're going to see much primary source research from Martin but I could be wrong.

Back