Iron Maiden News, Links, and Interviews

Are we seriously doing the unironic bible thumper those satanic devil worshiper metal bands need to sort themselves out bit on a fucking Iron Maiden fan forum of all places?
Agreed. The Red and The Black and The Mercenary can hold those fantasy beliefs to themselves, especially on a forum like this. If you don't like satanic themes in your music, listen to something else!

take it easy mate. some people believe, some not. it's all part of the inclusivity of metal.
I believe, but I'm agnostic as I don't believe in any church of any kind. I'm more into spirituality than into religion. That's why I'm OK with bands criticizing religion as a tool of mass control, but not using Satan as the saviour of Humanity. It's a total non-sense.

I believe, but I'm agnostic as I don't believe in any church of any kind. I'm more into spirituality than into religion. That's why I'm OK with bands criticizing religion as a tool of mass control, but not using Satan as the saviour of Humanity. It's a total non-sense.

not exactly what you said on the now deleted post you made earlier, but whatever.

I have literally nothing against him being a christian, but it's fucking irrelevant on this forum. Complaining about how Iron Maiden sings about Satan on a iron maiden forum, is like going to a church and complaining about how much focus it is on jesus there.

free speach and all. don't fuss about it. Also truth be told they could focus a bit less on Jesus... LOL

This is fantastic. Too much devil/hell in metal "these days." Feels like Doc Brown got the flux capacitor sorted and Number of the Beast just dropped, what a time to be alive.

And I see a totally unironic post about not wanting "nonsense" in metal lyrics. Ronnie James Dio will be spinning in his grave.
Petition to ban the boomers from the forum

I have literally nothing against him being a christian, but it's fucking irrelevant on this forum. Complaining about how Iron Maiden sings about Satan on a iron maiden forum, is like going to a church and complaining about how much focus it is on jesus there.
I'm not an "him", but a "her". ;) Plus, Iron Maiden is talking about Satan in a very intelligent way. The band members are not Satan worshippers. That's OK for me to listen to "The Number Of The Beast", "Moonchild" or "Lord Of Light". ;) But, bands like Deicide or Behemoth have gone too far into this stuff, the same for Mercyful Fate and some other bands like Coven or Lucifer. I can understand that sometimes it was made to provoke people and shock them in a way to criticize religions' crimes and all of that in History and the control that religion has on people's minds, but sometimes singing and praising Satan at the same time it's awful. People who are psychologically fragile or without morals are encouraged to commit acts after believing the words of certain bands. This is what happened in the 90s with the burning of churches and desecrated cemeteries in Norway. And even today in France, there are completely devastated cemeteries and churches with Satanist inscriptions. Personally, I don't think you would appreciate it if morons that consider themselves and falselly as satanist came to break up the graves of your ancestors and disturb their rest. ;)

Last edited:
This is fantastic. Too much devil/hell in metal "these days." Feels like Doc Brown got the flux capacitor sorted and Number of the Beast just dropped, what a time to be alive.

And I see a totally unironic post about not wanting "nonsense" in metal lyrics. Ronnie James Dio will be spinning in his grave.
Once again, I'm totally for talking about Devil, Satan, Hell, and stuff like this in metal. That's why I love Iron Maiden, Dio even Mystic Prophecy. Because they have a way to talk about these things that is really intelligent. But, bands that are openly satanist like Behemoth, Watain, etc, that's not my cup of tea, sorry. ;)

Satan, hell, demons, as much a product of imagination as religion. You can't avoid something that doesn't exist.
"Yeah, well, you know, that's just like, uh, your opinion, man."
@The Red and the Black : You shouldn't forget that it's hell on Earth now... :rolleyes: But, I agree with, there is too much advertisement made do Satan, demons and Hell these days... :facepalm:
I have no problem with fantasy and dark themes. The Old Testament of the Bible is filled with stories of wars, giants, demons, murders, betrayals, etc. It's highly dramatic. Heavy metal music reflects that. It's a very melodramatic musical form suited to telling big stories. I remember Nicko, who is a Christian, justified being in Maiden by saying they are storytellers. I'm fine with that.

It just seems to me that Bruce is a little too fascinated by the occult stuff. I'm fine with any dark elements that are part of a good story. But you can be too fascinated with something. That's just my opinion.

not exactly what you said on the now deleted post you made earlier, but whatever.
Well, believing in God does not automatically make you a christian, a muslim or a jewish, unless you go to church, mosque or synagogue. Spirituality and religion are two separate things. That's the same with believing in Satan that doesn't make you automatically a satanist, unless you follow black masses. Christians and satanists believe in the same time in God and Satan, but only follow different pathes by acting differently : some chooses the path of good and some chooses the path of bad. Dio was partially right when explaining his song "Heaven And Hell". But, it's more complicated than that. ;)

Well, as you've written, @Nomadd, let's go back to the topic of discussion. :)

People who are psychologically fragile or without morals are encouraged to commit acts after believing the words of certain bands. This is what happened in the 90s with the burning of churches and desecrated cemeteries in Norway. And even today in France, there are completely devastated cemeteries and churches with Satanist inscriptions. Personally, I don't think you would appreciate it if satanist morons came to break up the graves of your ancestors and disturb their rest. ;)
Stupid take. Christianity was forced upon us here in Norway, and if you didn't convert they killed you. Those churches that were burned were built on holy pagan land, so burning them shouldn't be that bad as the christians treated the pagan holy places just the same?
And also, only christians care if bands like Behemoth sing about satanism. The world doesn't revolve around you!

Well, believing in God does not automatically make you a christian, a muslim or a jewish, unless you go to church, mosque or synagogue. Spirituality and religion are two separate things. That's the same with believing in Satan that doesn't make you automatically a satanist, unless you follow black masses. Christians and satanists believe in the same time in God and Satan, but only follow different pathes by acting differently : some chooses the path of good and some chooses the path of bad. Dio was partially right when explaining his song "Heaven And Hell". But, it's more complicated than that. ;)

Well, as you've written, @Nomadd, let's go back to the topic of discussion. :)

WOW, you have some things very confused in your mind.

Stupid take. Christianity was forced upon us here in Norway, and if you didn't convert they killed you. Those churches that were burned were built on holy pagan land, so burning them shouldn't be that bad as the christians treated the pagan holy places just the same?
And also, only christians care if bands like Behemoth sing about satanism. The world doesn't revolve around you!
That's one of my reviews that I've written some years ago. You cannot judge me now.

Yeah, I'm open-minded. I'm not criticizing anyone. It would be just cool if bands could talk about something else sometimes. As Steel Panther does, for example. :p

Back