Iron Maiden News, Links, and Interviews

I only ever read the first edition. Published just months before Blaze was sacked and in it he's claiming that this was the strongest ever line-up.

Even at the time it seemed quite a far-fetched claim.

I’ve got all three editions and the jump from “Virtual XI is the best thing ever” to “a reunion was definitely needed” on the 2nd edition is really funny. :lol:

Last edited:
Saw a story posted by Roy Z on his instagram stating “I’m not in the House band of hell. I made sure of that. Fuck Satan!!!”.

Thoughts?
Just more drunk ramblings from someone who is past their musical/physical/mental prime and can’t accept it.

Maybe he has had a falling out with Bruce and Bruce is the culprit. But no need to air your dirty laundry in public. It’s just childish.

Just more drunk ramblings from someone who is past their musical/physical/mental prime and can’t accept it.

Maybe he has had a falling out with Bruce and Bruce is the culprit. But no need to air your dirty laundry in public. It’s just childish.

It was mentioned here that he deleted his last rant. So I thought someone had taken care of the problem (management/lawyers). You don't necessarily have to put up with someone damaging your/your bands reputation or calling you names.

I don't know what went down with Bruce, but why the House Band of Hell has to be dragged into this, I really can't think of any way in which that would be fair. They're just good live musicians.

I don't know what went down with Bruce, but why the House Band of Hell has to be dragged into this, I really can't think of any way in which that would be fair. They're just good live musicians.
See, from the wording used, I don't think he was necessarily accusing the band of anything, just stating he made sure he had no part or involvement in it. Extrapolating from what Roy's said over the years, I think that's implied to be due to it being Bruce's solo band rather than an issue with the actual band itself. He doesn't want anything to do with Bruce, at least not on the road.

Sad to see this happen. Oh, well. At this point I don't think Bruce needs Roy Z. He can find a new songwriting partner, if he needs one. Maybe his new band can help write.

As for Roy, I agree that calling yourself The House Band of Hell is stupid. Too much emphasis on "hell" in metal these days (every festival name seems to have "hell" in it). Hell is a place I hope to avoid.

I'd say the 80s and 90s had a far bigger focus on demons, hell, satan and all that jazz. Imagery like that has been a part of rock and metal forever.

Reactions: jcv
Sad to see this happen. Oh, well. At this point I don't think Bruce needs Roy Z. He can find a new songwriting partner, if he needs one. Maybe his new band can help write.

As for Roy, I agree that calling yourself The House Band of Hell is stupid. Too much emphasis on "hell" in metal these days (every festival name seems to have "hell" in it). Hell is a place I hope to avoid.
Holy hell what a boomer take

Believe me, these things exist really. And they are not coming from people's imagination. Until you did not experience all of that on your own skin or in your own family, you cannot understand this... I did... That's why I'm really uncomfortable with bands always thinking that Satan is a cool dude and hell a nice place to be... I would like them to experience that on their own and in their family...
Hail Satan. fuck jesus

Back