Iron Maiden News, Links, and Interviews

Sorry, what does "megazord" mean? I'm not native speaker, just think it's a kind of idiom I can't understand in a correct meaning.
It's from the old power rangers shows. The protagonists had different robots (for example a t-rex, a pterodactyl, a mastodan, a triceratops and a sabertooth tiger). Those could connect to each other and form a giant humanoid robot to defeat the episode's big bad. That's the Megazord

It's from the old power rangers shows. The protagonists had different robots (for example a t-rex, a pterodactyl, a mastodan, a triceratops and a sabertooth tiger). Those could connect to each other and form a giant humanoid robot to defeat the episode's big bad. That's the Megazord
Thx a lot! So it means something really big and dangerous I recon.

- How about BL Steve ?
- oh we are very excited to play here , I miss the small venues we wright new stuff blah blah blah...
- And how about IM Steve?
- ohhh that....well... We ll see who knows what happens ...

Not to mention how passionate he is on BL shows and how calm he's now on IM shows

Yes, of course. He was able to give me his wrist band at the BL show. At the Maiden show that would have been impossible. :p

I would rather they spent their last years performing live. For a long time their live performances have been superior to their studio efforts. I even couldn’t care less if they did a greatest hits tour.
Recording a new album won't see them playing live?? And the songs will probably be easier for Nicko than the old ones.
What really pisses me off is that Steve seems more enthusiastic and passionate about this stupid British lion thing than Iron Maiden this last couple of years
I wouldn't say that because with BL everything is easier in terms of work and playing live. It's his side project after all. He just loves playing live, like Bruce now. Nothing to do with passion compared to the big Maiden shows (or music for Steve) methinks.
Steve knows for sure the band's plans (he said in a previous interview that they have plans for the big anniv next year), but he could have hinted a bit about new music in the future, like they always did, because as they've always said before - they always want to create new stuff. Maybe everything is as usual with Maiden's plans (I believe so, after the next tour), but Steve's answer didn't quite come up as enthusiastic, but then again he always says they have lots of ideas and just have to wait and see when they can or want to record. Bruce's responses to Maiden's plans are now more direct.
Not to mention how passionate he is on BL shows and how calm he's now on IM shows
I think it's because of the size of the venues. He needs to be in a way.

I think small venue touring is something Steve truly loved, and for a long time with Maiden, he thought he'd lost. Even at the lowest attendance during the Blaze years, it was nothing like touring the bands like Maiden in the 1970s. And I think he really loves those small venues. He loves writing different music, he loves loading his own equipment in the van and bouncing off to the next gig in the middle of the night.

I think he also loves Iron Maiden, and being up on stage, in these massive shows, hearing the crowd. I don't think his passion for that has waned. I think he's more at *peace* with it, because it's not his only fix.

To be honest, I'm very satisfied with the fade-out at the end of HoE as Maiden's last studio recording. It fits perfectly for this purpose.
I think the anniversary tour is a comfortable moment to end this era. And even if it seems like an end, there's always the possibility they might return eventually and release new material. I can't see the remaining members staying healthy for too long without talking about Maiden to each other. Ideas will come, and if health permits, there could be something even after the official farewell. Other bands with members in their 70s are good examples of this. Didn't Scorpions announce a farewell tour over 10 years ago? My bet is that this era is close to an end, but Maiden still has something to do for another 6-8 years or so, even if it's just releasing old material from their archives.

This is fine fans remember the album, but what about their rubbish management? No dedicated merch, somehow interesting about Powerslave in news, once again their management shows undisputed ignorance and do nothing with anniversary of the one their most important albums in career. It's weird 'cos in case of the first four studio efforts we have special items and interviews, now they seem to ignore the famous fifth album. Did something go wrong or Maiden's management live on the other planet?

This is fine fans remember the album, but what about their rubbish management? No dedicated merch, somehow interesting about Powerslave in news, once again their management shows undisputed ignorance and do nothing with anniversary of the one their most important albums in career. It's weird 'cos in case of the first four studio efforts we have special items and interviews, now they seem to ignore the famous fifth album. Did something go wrong or Maiden's management live on the other planet?
Sorry, what's so funny?

This is fine fans remember the album, but what about their rubbish management? No dedicated merch, somehow interesting about Powerslave in news, once again their management shows undisputed ignorance and do nothing with anniversary of the one their most important albums in career. It's weird 'cos in case of the first four studio efforts we have special items and interviews, now they seem to ignore the famous fifth album. Did something go wrong or Maiden's management live on the other planet
Relax a bit. The anniversary is on September 3rd. Maybe they have something planned.

It's the weekend. Even if they have something planned it'd probably pop up during the week. But honestly? Why would they have something planned, they've barely acknowledged previous occasions like this. NotB got that re-release but that's about it and by cultural impact that album is certainly more important than Powerslave, which is probably better known for its tour in the popular consciousness honestly.

It's the weekend. Even if they have something planned it'd probably pop up during the week. But honestly? Why would they have something planned, they've barely acknowledged previous occasions like this. NotB got that re-release but that's about it and by cultural impact that album is certainly more important than Powerslave, which is probably better known for its tour in the popular consciousness honestly.
Powerslave is considered the one of the Best and most important in Maiden career, including the iconic cover art. If they used to release annivesary merch and articles related to their previous 4 albums, why the hell not to do this with Powerslave. I've never said a praising words about Maiden management in the past, but now their indifference seems to be epitomic. Maybe the fact that today not so many people are into Maiden, caused a fact of stagnation and ignorance.

Back