Iron Maiden News, Links, and Interviews

Doesn't surprise me at all. I think Senjutsu was it, and Maiden will only tour going forwards. They might have two more years with the current lineup, and the question is if they feel comfortable replacing Nicko.
If I am right, and they might have 2-3 years left, it would make sense to go out on a high note, with a big show celebrating their entire career instead of spending time making a new album and then touring that.
It surprises me because they are always enthusiastic about more new music. And Steve said they have a lot of ideas. Maybe he wants to keep the secret as usual (although he openly spoke about a new album in 2018) or they have plans to record in 2 years time (not soon), but then their usual approach to things would be changed. Their priority is certainly touring now, Nicko probably changed the plans but after the new tour next year (2 or 3 years), the next thing is new album tour or idk (with fewer dates why not to continue with the same lineup...), they always said there won't be a farewell tour but who knows.
I doubt they will replace Nicko and I don't think the other bands of their age think what you said about the high note when they keep releasing as much new albums as possible. Granted, the situations are not the same, but Maiden have to record the new album (if they want to) in the next 2 years. I'm confident we'll get one more album. Remember also what Steve said about the semi-retirement and continuing releasing albums, with Nicko for sure. We don't know how serious the thought is, but still. For now the band will be concentrating on the big anniv, but they have a lot of ideas and I feel Steve and Bruce will want to realize them, regardless of the solo career. Steve again mentioned he likes to challenge himself in the new interviews.

Doesn't surprise me at all. I think Senjutsu was it, and Maiden will only tour going forwards. They might have two more years with the current lineup, and the question is if they feel comfortable replacing Nicko.

If I am right, and they might have 2-3 years left, it would make sense to go out on a high note, with a big show celebrating their entire career instead of spending time making a new album and then touring that.

I agree. I am not expecting them to record new music in the future.

I agree. I am not expecting them to record new music in the future.
Me neither. Although I would rate it as the weakest album of the reunion, Senjutsu had some great moments and Hell on Earth is an incredible song to end on.

I would rather they spent their last years performing live. For a long time their live performances have been superior to their studio efforts. I even couldn’t care less if they did a greatest hits tour. Anything to see them again. One last time…

Me neither. Although I would rate it as the weakest album of the reunion, Senjutsu had some great moments and Hell on Earth is an incredible song to end on.

I would rather they spent their last years performing live. For a long time their live performances have been superior to their studio efforts. I even couldn’t care less if they did a greatest hits tour. Anything to see them again. One last time…

I completely agree with you on Senjutsu.

The end is near and I would love to see them live a few more times before they call it a day. Let's hope there's a proper UK tour to celebrate their 50th anniversary.

In two other new interviews with him, he was asked about new music, but his answer was positive about British Lion and unfortunately not very enthusiastic about Maiden, which is odd tbh...

Interview #1
Interview #2
Steve about the first weeks of a tour:

Though he positioned his answer very much as being about new music in the setlist for the shows, saying British Lion will be playing a couple of new songs and some 'other ideas' while Maiden is the same setlist. In terms of recorded music, his answer was the same for both bands, just being 'with both bands we'll have to see about the new album- albums or whatever' and then moving on. I'm not suggesting he's being deliberately evasive because he's hiding a secret, but I wouldn't take his comments here as being any more worryng about the prospect of another album than anything else we've heard recently.

Steve isn't more enthusiastic about British Lion, get real.
- How about BL Steve ?
- oh we are very excited to play here , I miss the small venues we wright new stuff blah blah blah...
- And how about IM Steve?
- ohhh that....well... We ll see who knows what happens ...

Not to mention how passionate he is on BL shows and how calm he's now on IM shows

- How about BL Steve ?
- oh we are very excited to play here , I miss the small venues we wright new stuff blah blah blah...
- And how about IM Steve?
- ohhh that....well... We ll see who knows what happens ...
Maybe bc british lions is a more relaxed open project and you can talk almost anything about it. It cant be compared with the megazord (wich iron maiden is) in any form.

Besides, the band is a global company and probably has several contracts signed in advance. These contracts may contain something related to the confidentiality of future projects.

Anyway, the band (and steve) has always been very methodical in this regard, so perhaps this is normal behavior (giving evasive answers about the future).

Maybe bc british lions is a more relaxed open project and you can talk almost anything about it. It cant be compared with the megazord (wich iron maiden is) in any form.

Besides, the band is a global company and probably has several contracts signed in advance. These contracts may contain something related to the confidentiality of future projects.

Anyway, the band (and steve) has always been very methodical in this regard, so perhaps this is normal behavior (giving evasive answers about the future).

Sorry, what does "megazord" mean? I'm not native speaker, just think it's a kind of idiom I can't understand in a correct meaning.

Last edited:
Back