Iron Maiden News, Links, and Interviews

Didn't Nicko mention in the Youtube clip I posted some days ago that there is a possibility the tour will begin in May rather than in June?
Yes. My guess is the tour will start in May (or even in April).
Dave Murray in the november issue of Australian Guitar. :)
Adrian had 8 or 10 demos of bits and pieces - the main song he had was the title track. Curiously, they had a lot of trouble with the recording of TWOTW's riff - they ended up having one guitar play through and then the other guys overdubbed it.

Thanks for sharing.

Thanks for sharing.

Some curious things:

Adrian - There's a lot of dramatics on the album. The title track is very cinematic. Steve loves guitar harmonies. I don't actually write a lot of guitar harmonies in my stuff. He joked that Steve will need a tirple album next time, becaue his songs are getting longer and longer.

Dave - The album is very complex with some heavy fills and difficult patterns. A lot of the stuff was worked out in the studio completely from scratch. During the early writing sessions they all used acoustic guitars. ''The Parchment'' has some mysterious melodies and it almost reminds me of a movie soundtrack.

Janick - The challenging thing was the amount of melodies behind the vocal stuff. You have to make the songs interesting with all the different melodies. My original plan was ''The Time Machine'' to be a fully acoustic song!

Guitars used for the recordings of Senjutsu:

Adrian - Green Jackson and Gibson Les Paul Goldtop.
Dave - his signature Fender Stratocaster.
Janick - his black Strat.
I hope someone can translate it. :)

Adrian - Green Jackson and Gibson Les Paul Goldtop.
Now, here is a conflict of information. In a previous interview Adrian stated that he used his black Les Paul Standard for some things and not the Goldtop.

I guess we need to wait for a third interview to clear that one up.

Uhh, eyes, glasses, tell me all about it.

It does have way smaller letters than the others. And enlarging the pic makes it vague (not a high quality scan).

I rather not wish to look a given horse in its mouth, but hey... just saying this did not work out that well.

Uhh, eyes, glasses, tell me all about it.

It does have way smaller letters than the others. And enlarging the pic makes it vague (not a high quality scan).

I rather not wish to look a given horse in its mouth, but hey... just saying this did not work out that well.

My sight is still ok and I don't use any aid. The mental effort to read this outweighs any information that might be in. Reminds me of trying to read large cyrillic texts, probing individual letters and using context and word lenght to mentally spawn the right word. But with additional eye strain.

Back