Iron Maiden News, Links, and Interviews

Two months after the release of the new album there's no news or comments about it. All is very quiet. Weird.

What's there to look into? Bruce did a ton of press and interviews when it came out, other members did less press. It's had its run in the charts, Maiden have already said next year's tour will be a LoTB leg with a couple of Senjutsu songs thrown in. What more is there to do? Steve is out with British Lion before the tour and Bruce is doing his spoken word shows.

Didn't they say that they would add a few more headline shows when they announced the rescheduled LOTB 2022 tour? That was almost half a year ago and there is still nothing, which is bizarre considering that competition is getting fiercer and fiercer for 2022 shows.

The fact that the band have not boasted about the chart success with Senjutsu is also quite strange.

What's there to look into? Bruce did a ton of press and interviews when it came out, other members did less press. It's had its run in the charts, Maiden have already said next year's tour will be a LoTB leg with a couple of Senjutsu songs thrown in. What more is there to do? Steve is out with British Lion before the tour and Bruce is doing his spoken word shows.
I would like to hear from them in a couple of videos or streamings interviews… Some kind of feedback with the fans. I have read a couple of magazine interviews about the new album. No more, can you show me the tons of interviews please? They could use their official site to announce these interviews…Bruce interview in the next issue of Kerrang, or Adrian and Janick talks to Guitar Player or whatever… Nicko 1h interview in his restaurant about his life as drummer… I have to find out casually in youtube… I think even the Bruce's new podcast have not an official channel. Or just comment the success of the album as @GhostofCain says. Just something. I'm not crazy with the new album. I love it and I played every friday. I don't want to burn it playing again and again because we could wait 6 years to enjoy another one if we're lucky and this one is not the last one. I can understand they can't promo the new album like before, touring and making interviews but come on… they have a youtube channel in which they can record a bunch of interviews or make something creative to entertain the fans. Have you seen Steve since February 2020? or Janick , Dave since then?

I would like to hear from them in a couple of videos or streamings interviews… Some kind of feedback with the fans. I have read a couple of magazine interviews about the new album. No more, can you show me the tons of interviews please? They could use their official site to announce these interviews…Bruce interview in the next issue of Kerrang, or Adrian and Janick talks to Guitar Player or whatever… Nicko 1h interview in his restaurant about his life as drummer… I have to find out casually in youtube… I think even the Bruce's new podcast have not an official channel. Or just comment the success of the album as @GhostofCain says. Just something. I'm not crazy with the new album. I love it and I played every friday. I don't want to burn it playing again and again because we could wait 6 years to enjoy another one if we're lucky and this one is not the last one. I can understand they can't promo the new album like before, touring and making interviews but come on… they have a youtube channel in which they can record a bunch of interviews or make something creative to entertain the fans. Have you seen Steve since February 2020? or Janick , Dave since then?
you've only got to look on YouTube to see the amount of podcasts and video interviews Bruce did around the album release. You should be able to find the ones the other guys (bar Steve and Dave) did by a google search. The band's facebook page doesn't seem to post these interviews for some reason but if you follow loudwire, metal hammer, guitar magazines etc you will see them.

you've only got to look on YouTube to see the amount of podcasts and video interviews Bruce did around the album release. You should be able to find the ones the other guys (bar Steve and Dave) did by a google search. The band's facebook page doesn't seem to post these interviews for some reason but if you follow loudwire, metal hammer, guitar magazines etc you will see them.
Thanks, I won't follow the official site anymore. :D

Not that I don't agree with you, but a new Maiden album should always have a lot of promotion, because it's a big event. We live in difficult times, but a few more ''In The Studio'' short videos would be great - discuss the writing process, the solos or each song separately... it would be like a mini documentary about the album (the videos with Adrian are from recently, if I'm not mistaken?) - obviously they've never done anything like this before, but it would be so cool and it's not too much to ask for, I guess. But in the end I'm happy with the whole promotion for the album.

Didn't they say that they would add a few more headline shows when they announced the rescheduled LOTB 2022 tour? That was almost half a year ago and there is still nothing, which is bizarre considering that competition is getting fiercer and fiercer for 2022 shows.

The fact that the band have not boasted about the chart success with Senjutsu is also quite strange.
I think the additional dates for LOTB 2022 will be announced until the end of November.

About the chart success of the new album, I thought they at least would mention that the album is in their highest position in the US... it's a little bit strange, yes.

The fact that Rod (and Andy Taylor) have moved on towards passive roles in Phantom Music Management, and are more or less retired, might impact a lot in how the band deals with PR, and not for the better.

Last edited:
Unfair comment. Dave Ling has been a Maiden fan since the days the band were playing at the Marquee. He might have got some freebies over the years, but that does not mean his personal collection is just that.

Ah, I wasn't giving him stick, just that it wasn't fair to included him in a show about superfans and not mention that he was a music journalist! People who review albums for a living are getting hundreds of free promos and samplers on a weekly basis, and showing a shed full of them is not the same as if it was Joe Soap having a shed full of albums.

EDIT: also I was under the impression he was more Priest than Maiden, hence the "supposed" comment.

Last edited:

Judging by Bruce's book shows, there won't be any Maiden shows before the summer so it's probably slightly early right now to announce them. TBOS was announce on 1st of Oct 2015 but the first shows were in Feb 2016.

I would expect some to be announced pre-christmas though, to be bought as presents etc., and if we still hear nothing by then I would be getting suspicious.

Judging by Bruce's book shows, there won't be any Maiden shows before the summer so it's probably slightly early right now to announce them. TBOS was announce on 1st of Oct 2015 but the first shows were in Feb 2016.

I would expect some to be announced pre-christmas though, to be bought as presents etc., and if we still hear nothing by then I would be getting suspicious.

Didn't Nicko mention in the Youtube clip I posted some days ago that there is a possibility the tour will begin in May rather than in June?

Either way, considering the competition, if they are going to be playing any other European shows they'd better hurry up and announce them.

Back