Iron Maiden News, Links, and Interviews

If rights to move thread can be assigned to normal users, I'd volunteer to take a slice of this topic and organize it. It's got 150 pages. With 15 volunteers and mods on board, it's just 10 pages per man.

I volunteer.
I think if the interviews are managed chronologically by album and all the time before the next one. It could be a good way to organize and manage in the future. As @Forostar says I did it with scanned magazines thread by album because I thought it's a good way to find what you're looking for. (All the magazines articles belong to the period from album to album.)

If rights to move thread can be assigned to normal users, I'd volunteer to take a slice of this topic and organize it. It's got 150 pages. With 15 volunteers and mods on board, it's just 10 pages per man.
You don't need move privileges, just have an online Google doc or whatever where the volunteers can keep track of which post belongs where.

Meanwhile there's no official news about the new album since its release. Anyway I want to see an Steve's picture next Wednesday after 2 years missing.

New interview with Bruce, Adrian and Nicko about Senjutsu.

Adrian: ''I have to say, listening to the album now, I’m blown away by it. When I’ve listened to albums we’ve made in the past, the memories are still raw, and I end up picking up on tiny things I wish had been done differently. But having had a year or more to live with the album, hearing it afresh is thrilling. The fact that this band can continue to surprise us all is a huge tribute to what we do''.

Bruce: ''Every song is Maiden at the top of our game. Every song could be a live favourite. We haven’t played a Maiden album from start to finish since 2006's A Matter Of Life And Death, but this album is so good that it could warrant being played in its entirety. Obviously we haven’t finished the Legacy tour yet, but the thought of taking this album on the road is exciting to all of us. Making it come alive on stage, with all its time changes and shifts of tone and mood, is going to be a challenge. But if I didn’t relish a challenge I wouldn’t have joined this band in the first place. No one is mellowing with age, we’re all committed to this, and taking on the world again after everything being on pause is going to be one hell of an adventure. We look forward to seeing you there''.

Bruce: ''I love the energy of it. We turn up to the studio with nothing planned, and look at one another and go: ‘Okay, what have you got?’ And then Steve or Adrian reaches into their box of toys and pulls out a riff or half a song, and I go: ‘Alright! I’m liking that! Let’s go!’ We jiggle and tweak things – it’s like a cross between a game of tennis and a juggling match – and we see what comes out. Steve is a lot more controlling about his stuff, it’s fair to say. He might take a riff from Janick or Adrian and disappear for three or four days, and then he’ll resurface and go: ‘Right, I’ve three songs ready to go!’ The pressure he puts on himself is phenomenal, and he rises to the = challenge every time''.

Bruce: ''When Steve and I sit down to work on the vocals and melody lines, he’ll have the arrangements nailed down very precisely, and he’ll often have, in his mind, a very specific place for every syllable of the lyrics. As a singer, my job is to look for the spaces where I can put in the performance. If you visualise his writing as being like a city skyline, with blocks of skyscrapers, I’m rolling and diving, undulating around that grid, finding my own path. This deep into our career, we know how to work together and read one another. And over the years my voice has got fatter, and a lot more solid in the lower registers. Pus I’ve got new tonalities as I’ve grown older, and that has opened up a lot of new avenues of expression. Which is exciting, for Steve as well as me, I think''.

Bruce: ''It’s Steve’s band, ultimately, his vision from day one. If Steve wants a song on the album, the song is going to be on the album, believe me [laughs]''.

Adrian: ''I think writing singles is an under-appreciated art form. I appreciate the skill behind a short, sharp, three-minute song as well''.

Nicko: ''They’re wonderful pieces of music, aren’t they? When I sat down with this album, a few months back, I was absolutely blown away with what we’d done. I think it’s stunning. I think we would all say that Maiden are a live band, and we’re musicians who feed off the energy of an audience, but I think we’ve created something remarkable here. Steve has excelled himself, Bruce sounds amazing, and the drummer ain’t too bad either [laughs]''.

Bruce: ''About TWOTW video - The Maiden fan was supposed to be clutching this invite to Belshazzar’s Feast. That’s what lured him to the desert in the first place,” Dickinson explains. “Otherwise why is everyone here? But they forgot to put it in. I said: ‘Where’s the invite? It doesn’t make sense without it.’ People were like: ‘Oh, it’s kinda too obvious with that included.’ So then we created the invite as like an old-school rave flyer, black and white. And once we had that, an idea grew about how we could tie all this in to a cryptic way to announce the album''.

Adrian: ''When I joined this band I was a boy. I may have seemed like a man, but really I knew nothing. You could probably say the same for all of us. And we all gave everything to Maiden. For years there was nothing in our lives but Maiden. It was full-on. And I can’t pretend it didn’t get on top of me at times. Now I can step back and appreciate everything more and appreciate everything we’ve built together. All the work we put in back then is the foundation of where we are and what we do today. It’s a privilege to do this, but that work ethic, that legacy, allows Senjutsu to exist in 2021, and allows Maiden to exist in 2021''.

Blaze on Senjutsu:
He continued: "I think it's a deep album, and it's not something that gives itself easily on the first time through. I think you've gotta give it a chance; there's a lot going on, and there's a lot of mood changing with the chords that they've done and the instrumentals. So it's an album that I feel you have to go, what is the story? And then when the instrumental part comes, it's just like an orchestral piece. What are they talking about now? What does this music make me feel? Why has it gone into this dark place? So I don't think it gives itself up easily, but I think it's a good album. And the things that I've heard so far I really like."

Last edited:
Blaze on Senjutsu:

He said that he only listened to it a couple of times (not in full), but he liked what he heard (''There's some great music on there''). He really likes ''Death Of The Celts'', ''Hell On Earth'' and ''The Writing On The Wall'' - I'm not surprised for the first two songs, because the first one has a VXI vibe and the second one is an amazing melodic masterpiece, but I thoguht he would say ''Lost In A Lost World'' because of the big TXF vibe of the song.

Nothing to do 100% with Iron Maiden, but Ross Halfin is the official photographer of the band.

Nothing to do 100% with Iron Maiden, but Ross Halfin is the official photographer of the band.

What does he says about the band?

Back