IRON MAIDEN ALBUMS SURVIVOR: POWERSLAVE WINS

Satisfied?

• Total voters
How would you feel if somebody said this to you?
I've thought long about it (and made an edit record), but I'm afraid I can't answer that well without exposing ourselves to more upheaval.
So cryptic. What is this "edit record" you speak of? Is this some of logbook you keep, Foro?
Couldn't you have just been quiet? You don't always have to say something, you know?
Pff. You should always same something even if you have nothing to say...
Let it be, Dusty. This doesn't help.
Don't get all salty, Perun.
It's okay. And he's right as well.
Thank god for that.

What thread are we even in anyway?

From reading this I'd guess that it isn't hard for you to compare at all, SiT wins hands down, all the time!

So you would have those 3 as your Top 3 Reunion tracks? Fair play, interesting choices

Affirmative, SiT is my favourite Maiden and my favourite metal album. Always was.
Top 3 reunion tracks? I didn't say that. I said they have no flaws. Song-wise, for instance Starblind is there too, but I find the flaw in production. Some of H's solos are muffled in the mix.

There are tens of Maiden songs and 6 or 7 albums that I find top-notch music. When competition is that high, I will nitpick every last detail when comparing these songs.

Affirmative, SiT is my favourite Maiden and my favourite metal album. Always was.
Top 3 reunion tracks? I didn't say that. I said they have no flaws. Song-wise, for instance Starblind is there too, but I find the flaw in production. Some of H's solos are muffled in the mix.

There are tens of Maiden songs and 6 or 7 albums that I find top-notch music. When competition is that high, I will nitpick every last detail when comparing these songs.
I suppose thats the crux of it, everything left is, for me, of a certain quality and nitpickin is the only way to differentiate.

Let's not get overly heated. At the end of the day, this is a poll on an Iron Maiden forum that happens yearly. It's fun to have debates and discuss the merits and drawbacks of songs, but it's not worth getting upset about.

It's pretty serious business if you don't like what I like. Lets not get too subjective here.

Maybe this thread should be updated before it turns into a giant tumor. Cause we're getting close. :D

Edit: I spoke too soon, the threads just haven't been merged yet. :facepalm:

Ever play the card game Jack Changes? The ace of hearts makes the next player pick up 5 cards. We used to call her Salty. Just sayin...

But it's the most progressive thing ever made!!!!!!!!!! There's so much atmosphere and so much color. When I listen to it, I feel as though I am the Fugitive.
How does intro, verse, chorus, verse, chrous, instrumental, verse, chrous, and then a bit of the begining again equate to progressive?
What qualifies Fugitive as progressive?

I would say it's better than Fear and Childhood's End. About on par with Wasting Love, if not slightly better. One of the few songs on the album I'd rate higher than a 5.
OK, cool. We all have different tastes after all. There do seem to be some people that love that song. I can't understand why, but that's just me.

I've thought long about it (and made an edit record), but I'm afraid I can't answer that well without exposing ourselves to more upheaval.

So, for the good sake of calmness, hereby I apologize to MindlessPieces and anyone else who felt that I went too far.

MindlessPieces: Sorry for having a jab at your user name. I could have expressed myself in another way.
It's alright. I understand you're a big fan of Fugitive and I've really got stuck into it here. There are possibly even some other songs that I have on my bottom 10 list that you might take "offense" to someone having them there. We do have very different tastes.

Back