IRON MAIDEN ALBUMS SURVIVOR: POWERSLAVE WINS

Satisfied?

• Total voters
How does intro, verse, chorus, verse, chrous, instrumental, verse, chrous, and then a bit of the begining again equate to progressive?
What qualifies Fugitive as progressive?
Many essays has been written on this subject.

@MindlessPieces unfortunately, you stumbled into a old board meme based around the Fugitive that I'm sure Foro wishes had gone away a long time ago.

It should go away again now. Consider this the polite warning.

Last edited:
More likely the extreme complexity of the thing. It's a real progressive beast of a track.
OK, I don't really know what "progressive" means.
I find Fugitive to be a very simplistic song, with an awkward and boring chorus and overall the song is very dull and repetitive.

The drum heavy intro is a patern "DA! da ti" repeated three times and on the forth measure there is a triplet.
DA! da ti, DA! da ti, DA! da ti, dadada

They repeat this three more times with a slight variation on the last time.

Then they repeat this complete section again.

Then from this loud and overly simplistic begining it breaks into a quiet, simple and short melody.

Then it does the intro pattern yet again

Then a quiet verse, which is a twice repeated pattern then
DA! da ti, DA! da ti, DA! da ti, (YET AGAIN! but without the dadada at the end)

Then the verse again (but with more drums) then

Then an awkward and short chorus with basically the same repeated line but a word variant the second time.

Quiet verse again
Awkward chorus again

Instrumental section
Then the verse again (but with more drums)
Awkward chorus again
DA! da ti, DA! da ti, DA! da ti, dadada DAAAA!

It's such a repetitive and simplistic song. You could cut the song down to half the size and not lose anything. I would have thought "Progressive" means there isn't this high amount of repetition in it and something more to its structure rather than just a repeat of three parts over and over and over again.
There really is nothing other than an intro pattern, a verse pattern, a chorus pattern with a solo thrown in.
The vast majority of songs ever written have intro, verse, chorus. How is this something new or interesting?

@MindlessPieces unfortunately, you stumbled into a old board meme based around the Fugitive that I'm sure Foro wishes had gone away a long time ago.

It should go away again now. Consider this the polite warning.

Sorry, my last post, I typed up and posted before seeing this warning?

Um, what am I being warned for doing?

Is it against forum rules to question if The Fugitive is progressive? Or to highlight its extremely repetitive nature?
Anyway, I have said all I can say about the song. And this isn't the thread for it. But still a bit confussed as to what rule I am violating?

@MindlessPieces

It's a running joke on the forum to call The Fugitive complex and/or the most progressive song you've ever heard etc....

I don't think the warning was aimed at you.
Hmm, the world is starting to again make sense. I think some people have been having a good laugh and I've been somewhat manipulated into arguing against someone who I didn't even know I was arguing with.:facepalm: Peeling scabs off old wounds.

Anyway, Cheers all :cheers:

Thanks Mckindog. At last some empathy, this topic concerned. :) What some people may not realize: that old discussion turned into a vile one. Man, did I get got to know some members better that week.

Last edited:
Back