IRON MAIDEN ALBUMS SURVIVOR: POWERSLAVE WINS

Satisfied?

• Total voters
While reunion albums are very good, I can compile a list of 'cons' for every album and each song from it. There are exclusions, like The Man Of Sorrows, Out Of The Shadows, maybe The Wicker Man too.
Somewhere In Time has no flaws as an album and just one song has a flaw of bad lyrics. It's hard to compare.
From reading this I'd guess that it isn't hard for you to compare at all, SiT wins hands down, all the time!

So you would have those 3 as your Top 3 Reunion tracks? Fair play, interesting choices

And here I thought people didn't like "overplayed" stuff like Run To The Hills, The Trooper or Fear Of The Dark....

You know, I actually was kinda confused during the Maiden survivor. Prior to the survivor, Empire Of The Clouds had recieved almost universal love on this forum. But as soon as it joins the survivor, everyone votes for it??

Eh, it doesn't really matter anyway. There is no actual reason to act so offended over people's subjective opinions. Of course, if enough people like an album, that must be the general consensus, then? The ones who disagree are then immediately called contrarians. I should know this, because I've done that before.

Or maybe I'm blabbing complete nonsense. I mean, I am voting for AMOLAD...usually considered the very best reunion era album.

Shadows of the Valley and maybe When the River Runs Deep. I consider the "filler" tracks on the 80s albums better than these two songs.

Re NOTB: I don't think the album is amazing, it's definitely my least favorite of the remaining albums.

The whole "bias" thing that keeps coming up in these games is ridiculous.
Shadows and WTRRD are very good songs.

My worst 11 Maiden songs are:
Invaders
Gangland
The Assassin
Tailgunner
From Here to Eternity
Fear Is the Key
The Fugitive
The Apparition
Judas Be My Guide
The Angel and the Gambler
Lightning Strikes Twice

I don't even count Virus which is 100x worse than all the above.

:eek:

:eek::eek::eek:

You need more Fugitive in your life. You've been missing out

The Fugitive is horrible.
The drumming at the beginning is promising, but the verse is yuck, and the chorus is terrible, (one of the worst ever),
the song is also very simple, verse, chorus, verse, chrous, instrumental, verse, chrous, and then a bit of the begining again Even the instrumental isn't very nice. there is just nothing interesting or even enjoyable about that song. It's a completely uninteresting, dull and unlikable song. Other than that, it's terrific. :nana:

With regards to Judas.

It has a very interesting beginning, an upbeat tone to it. Chorus is OK.
Hmm, OK I'm listening to it right now, it's not totally horrible. Shit, it's finished already, is that it? It's a bit simple doesn't really offer much, but not bad enough to be bottom 10. Perhaps my worst 11 becomes my worst 10. It's still pretty mediocre and forgettable though but not as grating as Fugitive or Invaders or Gangland.
But I must say, Maiden's worst are generally not that bad.

I was going off memory, I don't listen to Fear of the Dark album that much these past few years.

the song is also very simple,
lel1.gif

I would say it's better than Fear and Childhood's End. About on par with Wasting Love, if not slightly better. One of the few songs on the album I'd rate higher than a 5.

The Fugitive is horrible.
The drumming at the beginning is promising, but the verse is yuck, and the chorus is terrible, (one of the worst ever),
the song is also very simple, verse, chorus, verse, chrous, instrumental, verse, chrous, and then a bit of the begining again Even the instrumental isn't very nice. there is just nothing interesting or even enjoyable about that song. It's a completely uninteresting, dull and unlikable song. Other than that, it's terrific. :nana:
But it's the most progressive thing ever made!!!!!!!!!! There's so much atmosphere and so much color. When I listen to it, I feel as though I am the Fugitive.

Shadows and WTRRD are very good songs.

My worst 11 Maiden songs are:
Invaders
Gangland
The Assassin
Tailgunner
From Here to Eternity
Fear Is the Key
The Fugitive
The Apparition
Judas Be My Guide
The Angel and the Gambler
Lightning Strikes Twice

I don't even count Virus which is 100x worse than all the above.
Mindless taste. Tasteless mind.

I've thought long about it (and made an edit record), but I'm afraid I can't answer that well without exposing ourselves to more upheaval.

So, for the good sake of calmness, hereby I apologize to MindlessPieces and anyone else who felt that I went too far.

MindlessPieces: Sorry for having a jab at your user name. I could have expressed myself in another way.

Last edited:
Back