IRON MAIDEN ALBUM SURVIVOR 2023: Results -> Somewhere In Time wins!

Once again…
  • The X Factor
  • Fear Of The Dark
  • Iron Maiden
  • Dance Of Death

Iron Maiden
Piece Of Mind
Fear Of The Dark

As much as I love FOTD as an album, the few not so strong songs keep me from voting for the albums below it in my ranking. I just can't. We should judge the albums as a whole piece.

TXF is one of the albums with Maiden's most interesting music imo. I actually think it's a fitting follow-up (in a way) to SSOASS.
TXF peaks with Sign of the Cross, one of the most interesting songs Maiden has ever done (especially at that time).

The second best songs, tracks 2 and 3, are a coda to their previous two albums - straightforward rock tracks that sound less like Iron Maiden than most of their other material. They seem like they were included because Rod said, “ayyo Stevo this can’t all be dreary shite, man!”

Every other song on the album retreads the same ground as Sign of the Cross (slow bass intro, quiet bits, loud bits, repeat quiet bits at the end) but makes it worse every time.

Now with Killers rightfully dead I shall continue my crusade against The X Factor, aka Maiden’s worst album that has yet to be eliminated .
TXF peaks with Sign of the Cross, one of the most interesting songs Maiden has ever done (especially at that time).

The second best songs, tracks 2 and 3, are a coda to their previous two albums - straightforward rock tracks that sound less like Iron Maiden than most of their other material. They seem like they were included because Rod said, “ayyo Stevo this can’t all be dreary shite, man!”

Every other song on the album retreads the same ground as Sign of the Cross (slow bass intro, quiet bits, loud bits, repeat quiet bits at the end) but makes it worse every time.

:goodbye:

True about Sign Of The Cross. Man On The Edge and Lord Of The Flies rock songs and sound less like Maiden?

As for the other songs, I think: the intros of Fortunes Of War and Look For The Truth, the instrumental section of Judgement Of Heaven, the overall structure and style of Blood On The World's Hands, 2 A.M. (as a type of song I think it's different than the previous ''ballads'') and The Unbeliever as a whole song are pretty unique and something fresh and new for the band at the time.

I can't believe Iron Maiden is going to be knocked out before X Factor and Fear of the Dark. What is wrong with you people?
I don't know about FOTD (because it has fillers), but maybe some fans prefer the style of TXF album over the debut album. I think it's that.
The debut only has 1 lesser song imo and that's Charlotte (Sanctuary should have been included), but other 1-2 songs, while good and early classics for the band, are not among my favorites. No weak songs though. With TXF, I like all songs and the melodies a lot.

So, Iron Maiden & Fear of the Dark tied at 18.

Elimination Criteria
1. Number of votes received in the last round
2. Cumulative number of votes received in all rounds

We'll have to wait on Night Prowler to let us know how that 2nd factor shakes out.
Personally I'm hoping Fear of the Dark gets eliminated, it's my least favorite IM album.

VWXiuO7.jpg

Top 17
Fear Of The Dark
15. Killers
16. No Prayer For The Dying
17. Virtual XI

Iron Maiden
Piece Of Mind
The Final Frontier

My first vote against a Reunion album. The album is very good, but a couple of songs could have been better/have different parts, plus some experimentation in some solos, prevented me from voting for the album that is next in my line. It's the little things that make the difference now.

Back