Infinite Dreams

How good is Infinite Dreams on a scale of 1-10?

• Total voters
Re: Daily Song: Infinite Dreams

Great song with great atmosphere. Love the slow build, the multiple sections and the unconventional structure. Similar feel to Revelations or Children of the Damned, and it has more interesting things going on than either, but doesn’t quite have the grand emotional smack of that pair. Nine.

10. Possibly the best Maiden song. An untouchable masterpiece, both musically and lyrically.

Definite 10 for me - second only to SSOASS on the album.

Nice moods swings and powerful lyrics/singing/solos.

I think the immortal Starblind is the natural musical successor to Infinite Dreams - there is a very similar sequence in both songs.

And Infinite Dreams is yet another song that MUST be revisited live in concert before Maiden pack it all in.

IMO this should be a cert to be played on the next 'History' tour along with SSOASS.

Another 10. Still only second best on the album though. Lovely instrumental work but the really highlight is the vocals - both the lyrics and the melodies. Bruce sounds great and Harris' lyrics are some of his best. It took a few listens to grow on me but it's a great song.

The lyrics in this song are among my favourite of Maiden songs, and only misses out on a top mark because of other songs which I prefer overall. 9/10

bluehelmet said:
Definite 10 for me - second only to SSOASS on the album.

Nice moods swings and powerful lyrics/singing/solos.

I think the immortal Starblind is the natural musical successor to Infinite Dreams - there is a very similar sequence in both songs.

And Infinite Dreams is yet another song that MUST be revisited live in concert before Maiden pack it all in.

IMO this should be a cert to be played on the next 'History' tour along with SSOASS.
This song doesn't work well live at all.

It's not a joke.  I've heard bootlegs of Infinite Dreams from the Seventh Son tour, and it doesn't sound good at all.  I'd like to see it myself to judge it though.

Remember that Bruce's live voice wasn't at all as consistent in 1988 as it is today. I'm sure that song would kick serious amounts of arse today. Personally, I would commit acts of violence to hear it.

10/10
Amazing strong lyrics, amazing production & music. The strongest song of a beloved album.

Prowler_108 said:
This song doesn't work well live at all.

I understand it's all about opinions but I thought this song sounded bloody fantastic on the Maiden England video.

2nd favourite song off SSoaSS, with incredible vocals and lyrics. The scream to kick off the 2nd half of the song just gives me the chills every time I hear it. The song itself starts off slow and soft, but gradually builds up throughout the song and reaches it's peak about 2/3rds of the way in. The pre/post solo riff is also one of my top 3 Maiden riffs as well. 10/10.

8 out of 10... Perhaps the strongest song on the album, with Bruce's vocal being a highlight for me. The Clairvoyant however, is my album favorite. SSOASS was not a banner album for me at the time of it's release, but my appreciation of it has grown over the years. It seems I don't hold the album in as high regard as many, but I think there are some great tunes...this is one of them.

9/10 and one of my faves off the album. "Theres got to be more to it then this, or tell me why do we exist?" is one of my fave maiden lyrics ever.

Ok, if this song had more elaborate solos, it would be the perfect Iron Maiden song in my ears. Frankly, both Hallowed and ROTAM would blow it's smoke if it had solos like those two tracks do.

What's more to say about this one? Perfect mood, perfect production, perfect lyrics, perfect harmonies, progressive as hell, there's something going on from start to end, not a single 10 seconds of the song that are same...

Even with two simplistic and sub-par solos this song is a straight ten!

Zare said:
Ok, if this song had more elaborate solos, it would be the perfect Iron Maiden song in my ears. Frankly, both Hallowed and ROTAM would blow it's smoke if it had solos like those two tracks do.

Yeah, they may be simplistic solos, but I think they compliment the song quite well.

What can I say about this one? This song is epic. I just checked, and I never knew it was 6 minutes. It doesn't feel that long at all. No boredom whatsoever. 10/10

Back