Infinite Dreams

How good is Infinite Dreams on a scale of 1-10?

• Total voters
How does Empire have a chorus?
Oh the dreamers may die
But the dreams live on
Dreams live on
Dreams live on

It's structured like a chorus, it's clearly the climax of the song, and it's the only lyric that repeats in the whole song.

Another masterpiece of the album. Vocals and instruments are fantastic. This song has my favorite scream by Bruce as well. 10

Utterly beautiful lyrics here in a song that I've often felt a close connection to. It's strong overall, and the music is great, even if the change-up for the instrumental section isn't 100% successful. As a whole, this is a great song, but not quite as good as I once thought. Still, very close to top marks. 9

This song is a mini epic. Nice melodic intro, great bass playing, thunderous drums and amazing verses (actually this song do not have a proper chorus). Fantastic twin-lead guitar harmonies full of melody, and the scream is just great. The harmony before this part (and after the solos): ''Help me. Help me to find my true''... is pure gold! Good ''mystic'' solos. Great end of the song with that high-pitched note from Bruce. This song is a must to be played live again!

9/10.

My favourite song of the album and in my Top 10 Maiden songs.
So many great ideas, riffs and melodies stuffed into 1 song...

According to Harris, the inspiration for the lyrics of the song
arose from the restless sleep he himself was experiencing during periods of composing one
new album, something he attributed to his feverish performance
of his brain during synthetic oestrus.
The Seventh Son is now young. It has begun and
sees scary dreams, futuristic. That's all
mark the dawn of his powers, the existence of
which has not yet been realized. The eerie and
mysterious nature of dreams but also that none of
these do not concern the future of the same, they create terror and
question marks to the young man. The last lyrics of the song
raise the issue of reincarnation.
The symbol that accompanies the lyrics is not
other than the "Kirikeio" ("preacher's stick"), its symbol
Medicine, coming from the confusion of his wand
Mercury with that of Asclepius, which took place in the Middle Ages.
The Gnostics
they used the caduceus
as a symbol of spirituality
alarm clock. Gnosticism
is a philosophical and
religious movement that began
to pre-Christians
times. The term comes from
from the Greek word knowledge.
The Gnostics claimed that
have hidden knowledge about God, humanity
and the rest of the universe whose master
population was ignorant. It became one of the three main religious systems
in the 1st Christian century, and was distinguished for the new faiths for the Gods,
the Bible and the world that differed from those of other Christian groups,
grace for different religious beliefs inside and outside
Gnosticism and the lack of discrimination against women. The movement and the
Its printed material was eliminated at the end of the 5th century AD. by hunters
sects, mainly from Christianity. Finally, the caduceus is also found in
ancient civilizations of Egypt, Mesopotamia and India, where
is a symbol of harmony and balance.

However, the specific variant of this, with the hand holding it on
based on it, he brings to mind the Kirikeio as it appears in his work
German typographer Johann Froben (1460 - 1527). In 1516 he printed the
Greek Bible, translated into Latin by the German Humanist
Desiderius Erasmus (1466 - 1536). The latter argued that the symbol
used by Froben came at the urging of Christ to
his students “I send you like sheep among them
wolves. Be careful of snakes and her
integrity that pigeons have ”(Matthew, Ch
10:16).
Snakes are not positioned as usual,
opposite, but their heads are turned towards
opposite directions. This is something you come across
depictions of the Sermon within its framework
Jewish mysticism and especially Kaballah, where the
two snakes rest their heads on two of them
spheres ("pulses of divine energy") of the "Tree of
Of Life "," Chesed "(" Mercy ") and" Gevurah "
("Severity").
According to Dickinson, McBrain wanted parts of his drums
of the piece more aggressively but he was instructed to follow one more
progressive approach.
The live performance of the song, which comes from one of the two
concerts at the NEC of Birmingham (27-28 / 11/1988), was the fourth
single of the album but also of the video "Maiden England", which also
comes from these concerts.

A proggier number from Mr. Harris, we get an enticing intro, platform on an existential verse, erupt into a fiery instrumental, and return to the verse for our finale. I don’t know that I’d call this one perfect, but it’s pretty strong throughout. You can tell Steve poured a lot of himself into this one. 8/10

I've been revisiting this one quite a bit recently. Still can't get over how brilliant Steve was as a composer back in the 80's. This one and Seventh Son mark the end of his peak as a songwriter in my opinion. Not that he hasn't written great songs since!

And I will never forgive Maiden for not playing this one back in 2012-13.

This album won't have many controversial takes from me for a change. This one starts out with a dreamy intro and the bluesy verse follows suit. Before we start wondering if the boys changed too much the distortion kicks in, the vocals jump an octave, and the certainty returns that this is Maiden at their best.

The song never gets boring and keeps introducing new and interesting ideas at a constant pace. After kicking up the energy, the next section takes away some of the speed and we get a mid-tempo section that keeps switching between two keys. And then we get the glorious instrumental section. Bruce's insane scream introduces the meter shift and we get a driving 12/8 triplet feel, something that's always fun in a Maiden song. Btw, this type of scream sounds so much better than the other screams Bruce does, but it's also obvious that this isn't one that you can safely pull of every night on a tour for multiple tours. The first half of the instrumental section wouldn't sound out of place on Powerslave, which also had rather happy sounding triplet riffs.

Lest we forget, we get a catchy twin lead harmony before Bruce returns for a few lines and then it's off to the solos. The second solo has feature a harmonized bit, which I'm a huge sucker for. We return to the twin lead, before returning to the verse that switches keys. The song ends with a rather unorthodox ending. It's such a shame that this one didn't work out, allegedly, back in 2013. It's an incredibly strong song and definitely a 10.

Back