1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

If Eternity Should Fail

Discussion in 'The Book of Souls' started by SinisterMinisterX, Aug 22, 2015.

?

How good is If Eternity Should Fail on a scale of 1-10?

1. 10

35.1%
  2. 9

45.6%
  3. 8

14.0%
  4. 7

3.5%
  5. 6

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  6. 5

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  7. 4

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  8. 3

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  9. 2

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  10. 1

1.8%
  1. LooseCannon

LooseCannon Yorktown-class aircraft carrier Staff Member

"This is Necropolis. Does he look like a bitch? I SAID, does he look like a bitch! Then why are you treating him like one!"

2. srfc

srfc Educated Fool

I was only having a laugh with that post! It was meant to be a parody of maiden fans moaning about tiny little details :dorky: I didn't realise that it was already in the thread for real LOL

Brigantium likes this.
  3. Deus_Adrian

Deus_Adrian Prince of the Final Frontier

He do love some tasty souls!!

Int. light shines from an empty briefcase

Viperlord likes this.
  4. Viperlord

Viperlord Nomad

A like for the Supernatural reference.

5. Deus_Adrian

Deus_Adrian Prince of the Final Frontier

Actually I was taking off from LC's Pulp Fiction reference.

6. Belenor

Belenor Trooper

Fun fact: I tried to scan/search this thread and was not able to find this: I happen to read some old Dr. Strange comics stories nowadays and one of them is called "If Eternity Should Fail!" (Strange Tales Vol 1, #138)

7. Brigantium

Brigantium Work Geordie for hire Staff Member

Yeah, someone pointed that out in the old TBOS pre-release thread. Has anyone actually read it?

8. The Mid-Distance Runner

The Mid-Distance Runner Climb like a lemur!!

9. Belenor

Belenor Trooper

I have read it right now and it is not much of a story :) It is a part of a multi-issue story arc. In this part
    Dr. Strange enters some place called Eternity and asks for a help and he is denied. Anyway, he goes to face his enemy.
    I have not read the lyrics of the song too carefully, but I think the only common thing is that it talks about some mystical things?

10. Nick2632

Nick2632 Nomad

9/10. I've been giving this song a 8/10.. But I don't know, it's a pretty solid track! I just feel that the chorus gets a little repetitive towards the end, did I hear that was (we all know who's) idea..? After some more listens I'm going to give it a 9/10 after all anyway. It's definitely grown on me as a solid opener since the release.

11. Babo 91

Babo 91 Nomad

Bruce's solo stuff is rarely over-repetative so imagine the extra chorus was indeed Steve's idea. I dunno though, maybe Adrian wanted more time to solo

12. Overlord

Overlord Prowler

Would have prefered just to have the acoustic outro tbh. It's cheesy and spoils an otherwise great song.

Also should be a stonkin' live track.

Last edited: Sep 23, 2015
  13. Dr. Eddies Wingman

Dr. Eddies Wingman Brighter than thousand_suns

Stranger in a Strange Land has the chorus repeating over and over, backed by guitar solo. H wrote that one alone. And to take an example from Bruce's solo career, Darkside of Aquarius has the same.

14. MrKnickerbocker

MrKnickerbocker clap hands

Late to the party, but I must say: I love this track. It's a perfect album opener, even if it doesn't sound like a typical opener.

Could definitely do without the Necropolis part, though. :)

15. Operations666

Operations666 Educated Fool

This is easily the best song on the album, to me. I get chills when Bruce sings "at the master's table, the table's bare, no land of plenty, devastation, despaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaair".

Man, that is good stuff! Bruce sings it with such passion and power.

Brigantium likes this.
  16. Zare

Zare Dream of broken citadels

And Book Of Thel, also repeating the last line.

17. Naty

Naty Educated Fool

After tons of listens, the feeling hasn't change... I just love this song! I think now I can safely say (in my opinion of course), that this is the best album opener since Sign of The Cross. I don't know if I am talking nonsense, but to me the intro sounds like a mix of the Holy Diver intro and the Gates Of Babylon intro, which makes the music even better.

Mosh and Brigantium like this.
  18. Mosh

Mosh The years just pass like trains Staff Member

This could very well be my favorite Maiden opener period. There are a few songs on TBOS that totally took me by surprise, stuff I'd never expect to hear on a Maiden album. This is one of them.

19. Babo 91

Babo 91 Nomad

Best opener since aces high ...

20. Zare

Zare Dream of broken citadels

Z's opener list :

1. Caught Somewhere In Time
    2. Moonchild
    3. Where Eagles Dare
    4. If Eternity Should Fail
    5. Sign Of The Cross
    6. Aces High