1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

If Eternity Should Fail

Discussion in 'The Book of Souls' started by SinisterMinisterX, Aug 22, 2015.

?

How good is If Eternity Should Fail on a scale of 1-10?

1. 10

35.1%
  2. 9

45.6%
  3. 8

14.0%
  4. 7

3.5%
  5. 6

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  6. 5

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  7. 4

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  8. 3

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  9. 2

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  10. 1

1.8%
  1. SinisterMinisterX

SinisterMinisterX Illuminatus Staff Member

Discuss your thoughts about "If Eternity Should Fail" here!

Meliegree and Forostar like this.
  2. Gk1

Gk1 Ancient Mariner

This is the track I mostly look forward listening to. Bruce solo material has been consistent for quite some time now. The reviews so far suggest it is quite an exciting song.

3. Travis The Dragon

Travis The Dragon The dreamers may die, but the dreams live on.

Ya, it will be really sweet to hear what the next Bruce solo stuff would have sounded like. Also, I'm wondering if this song will work as a live opener.

4. Travis The Dragon

Travis The Dragon The dreamers may die, but the dreams live on.

I REALLY hope this is true! I know Maiden hasn't officially announced anything, but maybe they plan to surprise us!

5. Brigantium

Brigantium Work Geordie for hire Staff Member

Lots of debate still going on about that one.

6. LooseCannon

LooseCannon Yorktown-class aircraft carrier Staff Member

There's no way that's real. That's the Powerslave intro in the background, verbatim.

7. Forostar

Forostar Conjure the Death Star again

This is a phenomenal song. Incredibly powerful, grooving rhythm and heavy a la Bruce solo material.The rhyhm guitars are awesome. I heard them doing different things. One playing longer chords than others, and also some different scaling (perhaps voicing is the better word). It sounded very harmonic. The song has vocal melodies that are dramatic and catchy at the same time. It's an omen for the majority of the album: strong vocal melodies. Bruce sings awesome melodies, carrying the album with his captivating voice.

Both intro and outro are cool. I prefer the intro with impressive lyrics which I've unfortunately forgotten. Something like "this is the story of a man". The outro has a spoken part. A multitude of voices saying the lines. Sounds really dark.

There's no main guitar solo. The ending licks are by Adrian, underneath Bruce.

Best song of disc one, possibly best song of the album. But it has concurrence from the title track and the last three from disc two. Certainly this one is the most instantly grabbing song of them all. When it started I had goosebumps not just on my arm, but on top my head, legs, everywhere. Now again when I write this, I can't wait to hear it again.

Last edited: Aug 28, 2015
    Brigantium, Liveone, Zare and 11 others like this.
  8. Ariana

Ariana Purple leopard

I was really looking forward to hearing your opinion on the album, Foro! Thanks a lot!

Forostar likes this.
  9. SixesAlltheway

SixesAlltheway Yacht Rock

Thanks Foro!!!

Forostar likes this.
  10. Donner

Donner Ancient Mariner

Sounds incredible, can't wait!

Forostar likes this.
  11. SixesAlltheway

SixesAlltheway Yacht Rock

Maybe I can ask @Forostar or @Brigantium ... The video Travis posted above. Is any of it from the real IESF?

Simple yes or no will do

12. Lego

Lego Shadows in the stars, we will not return!

It's fake... couple guys on the IMFC board are behind it :lol:

SixesAlltheway likes this.
  13. Forostar

You're welcome. There are three songs I am less happy about, at some point I was even starting to get worried because they came in a row. I'll try to write down what I remember.

14. The Flash

The Flash Dennis Wilcock did 9/11

Not surprised one bit that this song is awesome. The title got me excited at the very moment they disclosed the song titles and the lengths.

Forostar likes this.
  15. mckindog

mckindog Living for Sanctuary from the law Staff Member

Foro, have I told you lately how much I love you?

16. Brigantium

Brigantium Work Geordie for hire Staff Member

Just a couple of short observations...

The goosebumps thing has so far been unanimous with everyone (self included) I've talked to from the listening session. It really is a very striking, powerful song, with a dramatic build up of an opening that is completely justified by the rest of the song. I think the opening line was 'here is the soul of a man'. The atmosphere helped in that session, of course, but I bet anything it will also happen when you play this CD for the first time at home.

I was wondering what Eternity would be like, given that Speed of Light sounds like a natural opener, but this blows it out of the water. I think this was one of several Disc 1 songs with a significant outro. This was the one with the demonic sounding voice at the end, wasn't it, @Forostar?
    The problem is, with such a huge start to the album, it's a hard act to follow, and that's probably why several Disc 1 songs don't come across as well.

17. Forostar

Yes it was!
    I think that I'd prefer all disc 2 songs over several disc 1 songs, independent of order.

Brigantium likes this.
  18. hellishere

hellishere Invader

The outro reminds me the finale of "The Prophecy"

19. Chained Prometheus

Chained Prometheus The Spiral King

This is spot-on. Exactly my reaction the first time I heard it. It's terrific. Bruce lived up to the hype.

20. hellishere

hellishere Invader

The verses are brilliant but the chorus lets it down a bit.