Iced Earth

It’d be like getting a statement of intent from Iron Maiden from Blaze Bayley and not Steve Harris because Steve Harris kicked a soccer(foot)ball through the windows of the Royal Palace.
This would be highly amusing.

I'm slightly surprised IE/Stu & Friends have done this. I was fully expecting silence from them, or possibly just a comment from Stu as an individual seeing as he got into public debate on it in the first place.

I suppose it’s possible that Stu thought that the riot had good intentions, and then when it was revealed that people had died, had an awakening. Or was pushed by the rest of the band. Or he is — or all of them are — bullshitting, and he / they are just doing this to save face. Who knows?

I am all but certain Jon has already been arrested/had charges pressed against him. He is a minor celebrity and was part of a wanted ad by the FBI, he was probably one of the first people found.

The next question imo is whether the other guys leave the band. That will be the true test of whether they actually mean it.

The next question imo is whether the other guys leave the band. That will be the true test of whether they actually mean it.
No, there is no band if Schaffer is in jail. That's their easy way out. Real test is if they come back to him when he eventually gets out of jail. As I Lay Dying being the prime example of this.

No, there is no band if Schaffer is in jail. That's their easy way out. Real test is if they come back to him when he eventually gets out of jail. As I Lay Dying being the prime example of this.

I'm not sure if it's reliable information, but I've read at various places that the rioters could be facing 10 to 20 year prison sentences. So I guess that's a moot point because I kind of doubt the world as we know it will still exist ten years from now.

They should still quit imo. Letting the band quietly dissolve is an easy way out. But yes, As I Lay Dying reforming after the singer got out of jail is a great example of hypocrisy and cowardice on the part of the band.

I'm not sure if it's reliable information, but I've read at various places that the rioters could be facing 10 to 20 year prison sentences. So I guess that's a moot point because I kind of doubt the world as we know it will still exist ten years from now.
Schaffer is a (relatively) old white guy. He'd probably get out in less than 5 years so they can make space for a black guy who looked at a police officer the wrong way.

I agree except for the fact that he committed a crime against a bunch of old white guys in power, which might cancel things out a bit.

Regardless, if Incorruptible ends up being the final Iced Earth album, at least they ended on a pretty high note.

If Jon wants to realize the error of his ways, then he should get a chance at contrition. These people have been taken in by grifters and insurrectionists. You can come back from that.

It's just really really unlikely.

My best guess is that Iced earth are no more a band, and Schaffer will continue with Sons of liberty project

If Jon wants to realize the error of his ways, then he should get a chance at contrition. These people have been taken in by grifters and insurrectionists. You can come back from that.

It's just really really unlikely.

Hey, I'm all for giving him that chance, I'm just not holding my breath to see if he takes it.

I am all but certain Jon has already been arrested/had charges pressed against him. He is a minor celebrity and was part of a wanted ad by the FBI, he was probably one of the first people found.

It's likely that he is not arrested. If he is it would be logical that they wouldn't still search for him and/or that an arrest would come out / be in the news.

Just found out about this, and I'm shocked, though not surprised. Perhaps the most startling thing is that Schafer was dumb enough to think that his actions would not have any consequences, not only to himself but to his bandmates. In one fell swoop, he pretty much killed two bands (Iced Earth & Demons and Wizards). Even if he should somehow escape prison, I can't see any reliable record company, let alone a concert promoter wanting anything to do with a band he is in. At minimum, he's killed any chances in America for a viable career. Not sure about Europe, although perhaps he could tour Russia indefinitely.

On the other hand, if Iced Earth do somehow come back with Schafer, I'd love to see them do a cover of Cult of Personality.

• Haha
Reactions: Jer
Back