Guns 'N' Roses

Yes. The first hard rock album I bought. Well.. especially fan of that album. I was disappointed when Use Your Illusion came out. Liked some songs but I think they lost the rawness and riffs from Appetite.

UYI has my favorite 3 GNR songs (November Rain, Civil War and Estranged) but I think Chinese Democracy is better than either of those albums. Too much filler, could've been one great album.

He quit over the musical direction. I doubt he'd come back for a reunion tour to play the songs he once quit over like "November Rain".

Maybe he didn't like some of the new songs but the official story is that he quit because he sobered up and stopped taking drugs which made him open his eyes to the life in Guns N Roses and he had to get away from that...He would have been the only sober guy at the party so to speak :D I don't think the other guys crazed drug antics on tour would have been particularly funny at that time....

But he's performed many times with Guns/Axl since then.

Last edited:
Had a Guns n Roses period back in school. This was around 2007 and everybody around me listened to GnR. (The Guitar Hero-thing was huge back then, everybody discovered the bands who had their songs in the games - and who was cooler than Slash? I don't think anyone would believe how much of an impact those games had if they didn't experience it first hand.)

Anyway, I thought Slash's "Sweet Child O' Mine" solo was the most amazing solo ever. Thought Axl's voice was really the voice of hard rock. Today... I can't say that I don't like the band, it's just that what seemed so cool has become 'nothing special'. Slash isn't such an amazing guitarist really. He's a rather generic pentatonic based blues rocker who just happened to look really cool... (a look he completely stole from Marc Bolan, but that I found out much later). I'd rather listen to the meticulously crafted & arranged hair metal stuff of the era than GnR's rather back-to-the-roots rock n roll take on stuff.

GNR officially confirmed for Coachella, Slash and Duff McKagen posted the posters on their facebook page. I think the reunion is pretty much confirmed at this point.

What did he do with Nightrain, Foro? I'm not familar with the story; but am I correct in saying he played part of the solos, even though he's the rhythm guitar player in Guns --is that right?
He played the first part of the main solo, then that little breakdown and slash takes over.

Regarding the news about the reunion of Axl, Slash and Duff, I'd never thought it would ever happend actually, could not believe that there were working on a reunion deal and that Axl and Slash were on speaking terms again.

However, I wonder if there will be more shows other than the Coachella apperances. And I'm pretty sure that Izzy and Steven are not on board, unless these are the only shows. Izzy is a reclusive, and Steven are on and off drugs unfortuanly...I'm fine with a hybrid lineup, including Dizzy, Pitman, Fortus and Ferrer. Crossing fingers for more shows! :)

GNR were my very first favorite band

I hope they also replace Fortus because he's awful. Get Myles Kennedy for that and backing vocals? :D

I hope they also replace Fortus because he's awful. Get Myles Kennedy for that and backing vocals? :D
That would be great, but Myles will probably be busy with Alter Bridge and finally release his solo album. Wish he could be there thought :cool:

Dave Kushner replied to someone on Twitter a while ago, on a question if he will catch some GNR performances on a reunion tour, and said he might be at all their shows, so maybe he will fill Izzy's or Fortus space?

Interesting, that hopefully means Fortus is out 'cause why'd they need two rhythm guitarists?

If they will play Chinese Democracy songs, they will "need" two rythm guitars :lol:

They have never really needed Pitman in the lineup either, but he will be there anyway!

Dunno if either of them has the capability to replicate Buckethead's solos from CD, so why keep them both. Don't think even Slash can do it. Also curious whether Slash will be OK with another guitarist playing solos in the band :D

WpVQW6B.gif

Did somebody mention Myles?
But no, Slash won't play any Chinese Democracy songs, I'm willing to bet.

Back