Guns 'N' Roses

Mosh™ said:
I dunno it probably still won't happen. Van Halen getting in was a perfect chance for a reunion yet the people accepting the award were ex band members.

But the reunion still happened... 15 years later.

Black Thunder said:
But the reunion still happened... 15 years later.
It's besides the point. It didn't happen at the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame. And Hagar and Anthony weren't part of that reunion.

I agree with Perun that this Hall of Fame isn't worth the effort to write about.  I mean, I like Heart, but to put them in over Deep Purple is obviously preposterous.  And the notion that "Madonna doesn't have much hits" is even more preposterous.  SMX is right, Madonna ruled the 80's, and not only was she a huge-selling artist, she may have (rightly or wrongly) been the biggest sex symbol of her generation.

It doesn't really matter hoe many older members they bring in, but they should at least reunite the entire Appetite lineup.

It'd be cool to see them together once again.

Damn, I watched that Civil War video - couldn't Axl pick some decently rock'n'roll looking guys? Those poodles look awful.

I'm disappointed Erik B. & Rakim didn't get in. If you're not a rap fan you might not be aware: there's no more influential rapper than Rakim. Ever. He is to rapping what Hendrix was to guitar. IMO that's the defining feature of true "old school" hip hop - no influence from Rakim.

GUNS N' ROSES keyboardist Dizzy Reed has told Billboard.com that the band's entire original lineup — including guitarist Slash and vocalist Axl Rose — will attend the Rock And Roll Hall Of Fame induction ceremony on April 14 in Cleveland. "I know that all the original band is going to be there," Reed said. "I don't know exactly what's going to go down. It's one of those things I'm sure will all come together and be really cool. I'm just going to go in with a good attitude and a clear head and a grateful heart." When asked if there is a possibility that the musicians — Rose, guitarists Slash, Izzy Stradlin and Gilby Clarke, bassist Duff McKagan and drummers Steven Adler and Matt Sorum — will put aside well-publicized differences at the ceremony and pick up their instruments together, Reed told Billboard.com, "Honestly, we haven't spoken about it. I don't know when or why or how to bring it up. It's not an every day sort of thing. So we haven't really talked about it — but I'm sure we'll have to at some point."

Interestingly, he sounded really positive that the entire first band will be there for sure, and then it just sounds like he is assuming that they will be there.

This sounds very good:
Looking forward to seeing them live this summer on EXIT festival, I just hope the concert organizers will be patient enough to wait for Axl to show up and that they will allow them to play full show :D :edmetal:

I saw G'n'R last Sunday at one of the three club shows they did in L.A. I was pleasantly surprised. The new band, and Axl in particular, sounded really, really good. They played for three hours (starting shortly before midnight--I'm officially too damn old to be going to concerts until 3am) and included pretty much every song you'd want them to play, plus a few covers to keep things interesting. Was entertaining throughout, and it didn't feel like 3 hours. Highly recommended if they come to your city.

Duff McKagan is rumored to play few shows with the band while their bass player is busy with his other band.

Back