Guitar solos " The Final Frontier"

Both you guys haven't even mentioned which song you mean. Babo quoted a post where I talked about Avalon, and Onun agrees with him when he mentions a part in a different song (looking at what he quoted). Then Babo agrees with him again.

Oh sorry for that, I'll try to be clear now:

I was refering to the 5:48 lick on WTWWB. At first I thought it was Janick playing it but after a few listens i believe it's probably Adrian like Babo 91 says.

And answering to your post related to Isle, I'm with Babo 91 on this one too, that melodies you're talking about in the last chorus are played by Adrian.

Babo 91 said:
sounds very similar to his solo doesn't it?

It's true, now actually you say that, it's pretty obvious, the tone is the same. But I always thought it was Janick because Adrian doesn't play this kind of stuff too often, it is much more similar to Janick's playing haha.

Is it me or does Dave's lead tone on this album sound a bit more aggressive than before?  It's certainly somewhat different than on AMOLAD. 

Thanks for making yourself clear, Onun.

Onun said:
And answering to your post related to Isle, I'm with Babo 91 on this one too, that melodies you're talking about in the last chorus are played by Adrian.

Absolutely not. He never played like that. It's Janick all over. Somehow I fear this song won't be played (The Legacy will push it aside) but I'm really sure here.

Forostar said:
Thanks for making yourself clear, Onun.

Absolutely not. He never played like that. It's Janick all over. Somehow I fear this song won't be played (The Legacy will push it aside) but I'm really sure here.

No problem, and I'm sorry for not being clear.

After multiple listens I still think it's Adrian, seems it's tone, and besides that it's his song, and on his songs it's usually him who plays the outros so he's my bet. But we won't be sure until they play live, and I'm praying they play this one, it's such a great song! It would be a shame if never played live.

Forostar said:
H got his share on this song because Jan must have felt that if they would follow the rule "The ones who write way less songs should play way less solos on the album", it wouldn't be that cool. Now on the latest two records, I wonder if H has been as generous to Janick, as Janick was to H. This time Janick writes way less, but now he gets way less solos.

Look at Dave. He doesn't write much either but still gets a fair amount of solos.

I probably think there is no problem because solos don't constitute the only remarkable part of Maiden's style, As for relationships between H and Jan, in Russia, for example, a rivalry in a way "who plays more and who deserves better to play more" is called "measurement of cocks", especially when we're talking about two great and extra skilled guitarists. Actually, there is a lot of other work, such as rhythm guitars. So, I don't think of any problems between them.
I,ve a question to all: who's playing rhythm guitar in my favourite The Man Who Would Be King at 5.27? It's rather left earphone of center, not right for sure.

LooseCannon said:
If it's left of centre, it's H. Middle is Davey, right is Jan.

thanx a lot! Is there no exception, f.e., in Brave New World at Rock in Rio? if not to watch video, both solos seemed to be in right channel, so I've crushed my brain trying to understand why.

LooseCannon said:
If it's left of centre, it's H. Middle is Davey, right is Jan.

It varies. Mostly is Dave left, Adrian center, Jan right. On Starblind there's a variation where Dave goes center and right, too.

Jeffmetal said:
It varies. Mostly is Dave left, Adrian center, Jan right. On Starblind there's a variation where Dave goes center and right, too.

I've noticed that on the 21st century albums, Adrian favors the right channel. I'm pretty sure that's the case with El Dorado, Coming Home, The Alchemist, Starblind, and most of the BNW and AMOLAD albums. Does one guitarist's part ever change to a different speaker in the same song?

GuineaPig said:
I agree that it's Adrian.

Who wants to bet? I'd be prepared to wager a lot on it.

There's not a single indication that these melodies before and during the last chorus in Isle of Avalon sound like Adrian or Dave.

Janick 100%. The way of pressing the snares is so remniscant. Also that final note.
Detective Beauregard said:
I've noticed that on the 21st century albums, Adrian favors the right channel. I'm pretty sure that's the case with El Dorado, Coming Home, The Alchemist, Starblind, and most of the BNW and AMOLAD albums. Does one guitarist's part ever change to a different speaker in the same song?

I think it varies constantly. Only Dave keeps left most of the time.

Okay, so I'll assume that those are the licks from 7:24-7:35 and 7:47-8:00 --- yeah, sounds like Adrian both based on the tone and how it sounds in the mix.

Forostar said:
I'm talking about Isle of Avalon: During and right before the last chorus.

As we said the other day, that's Janick all the way. Those pinching quasi-harmonics are totally him. On the other hand, I said that Janick made the solo right after Dave on Starblind, but even having that pinching quasi-harmonic, the concluding phrasing and the final note vibrato is really H's.

Back