4. The Duellists
  5. Back in the Village
  6. Déjà-Vu
  7. Alexander The Great
  8. The Prophecy
  9. Only The Good Die Young
  10. The Nomad
  11. and The Thin Line Between Love and Hate
Clue #6 eliminates 1, 3, 4, 7 as well as 10 and 11 (and 8 to some extent)
4, 7 and 9 have already been guessed unsuccessfully.

I'd say "Sun and Steel" then, but the 167 games between Kasparov and Karpov also make "Déjà Vu" a strong contender for being the right answer (though I can't make sense of clue #1 in case the latter song is concerned). ;)

Last edited:
In case the answer is not "Back in the village" (submitted by Azas):

As of clue #8, logically, the remaining possibilities are
  1. Quest for Fire
  2. Sun and Steel
  3. Flash of the Blade
  4. The Duellists
  5. Back in the Village
  6. Déjà-Vu
  7. Alexander The Great
  8. The Prophecy
  9. Only The Good Die Young
  10. The Nomad
  11. and The Thin Line Between Love and Hate
Clue #6 eliminates 1, 3, 4, 7 as well as 10 and 11 (and 8 to some extent)
4, 7 and 9 have already been guessed unsuccessfully.

I'd say "Sun and Steel" then, but the 167 games between Kasparov and Karpov also make "Déjà Vu" a strong contender for being the right answer (though I can't make sense of clue #1 in case the latter song is concerned). ;)
You got it! It's "Deja Vu". I'll explain:

Clue 1: you suffer before the guitar solo
"You Suffer" is a song by metal band Napalm Death. It's about 1.5 seconds long. In "Deja Vu", Dave Murray's guitar solo starts about 1.5 seconds into the song.

Clue 2: the song's chorus and key signature contradict each other
The chorus says "Feels like I've been here before". The song is primarily written in the key of F minor. That was the first (and I think still the only) Maiden song written primarily in F minor - so they haven't been there (in that key signature) before.

Clue 3:
1682310752050-png.25833

This is an image of Kelsey Grammer, from the Star Trek: TNG episode "Cause and Effect". The concept of deja vu is central to the plot.

Clue 4: Kasparov and Karpov
Two of the greatest chess players in history, Kasparov and Karpov played five consecutive world champion matchups in the span of seven years. (The first match was suspended, then Kasparov won the remaining four). There was feeling of repetition and having been there before.

Clue 5: not the seventh son of a seventh son... but close
This was the seventh song on the sixth album.

Clue 6: the writing credit on this song is reasonably common in the band's history, and it's one of the earliest instances of this particular songwriter combination getting credited
This song was written by Murray/Harris. If I've counted correctly, that's the 5th most common songwriting credit in the band's history (among studio tracks anyway). This was the third song written by Murray/Harris (the first two being "Twilight Zone" and "Still Life").

Clue 7: Cliff Ronning on the 2002 Nashville Predators
Cliff Ronning wore jersey #7, and he was the shortest player on the team. "Deja Vu" is the 7th song on the album, and is the shortest song on "Somewhere in Time".

Clue 8: this is one of two songs on the studio album that hasn't been played live
Self-explanatory.

@Black Bart - you're up!

Clue #1: In some ways, this song was last of it's kind and also the album that it was featured on had something new happen twice.
Clue #2: There are few metal bands that have similar title as the song here. The song is older than the lineup that finally recorded it.

Incorrect guesses: Lightning Strikes Twice, Hooks In You, Drifter, Heaven Can Wait

Back