Guess The Iron Maiden Song!

Wasting Love
Winner!

Clue #1: Not a Bruce solo song, though it might remind you of one. — The arpeggiated clean guitar bit leading into the verse of “Wasting Love” is lifted from the beginning of Bruce Dickinson’s “Son Of A Gun”, another composition of Janick’s.

Clue #2: Finite Dreams
— A reference to the lyric “dream on brothers, while you can”.

Clue #3: Don’t ask who’s to blame, I don’t know — A lyric from Megadeth’s “Almost Honest”, which is an indirect reference to the lyric “maybe one day I’ll be an honest man”.

Clue #4: First-born of the empire in 1990, but the official coming out wasn’t until the following year — As @jeffgt14 already explained, “Best I Can” was the first track off of Queensrÿche’s Empire album which was released in 1990, but “Best I Can” wasn’t released as a single until 1991. The song title references the lyric “up till now I’m doing the best I can”.

Clue #5: The sun shines in the bedroom when we play — A lyric from Nirvana’s “Son Of A Gun”, referencing the song alluded to by clue #1.

Clue #6: Swiftly flow the days — A lyric from “Sunrise, Sunset” from Fiddler On The Roof, referencing the lyric “long roads, long days from sunrise to sunset, sunrise to sunset”

Last edited:
3 out of the first 5 clues reference lyrics involving guns and the answer was random references to Wasting Love :facepalm:

New one I'll go with Tailgunner. I don't have a reason to guess it.

Clue #1: Clark's kids
Clue #2: 63 years and seven months

Incorrect guesses: The Wicker Man/ The Angel and the Gambler/ Running Free/ Tailgunner

Clue #1: Clark's kids
Clue #2: 63 years and seven months
Clue #3: Charles('s) struggles to walk because of its proportions

Incorrect guesses: The Wicker Man/ The Angel and the Gambler/ Running Free/ Tailgunner/ Wasted Years/ Roll Over Vic Vella/ The Longest Day

Back