1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Genghis Khan

Discussion in 'Killers' started by Anonymous, Apr 11, 2004.

?

How good is Genghis Khan on a scale of 1-10?

1. 10

18.4%
  2. 9

18.4%
  3. 8

20.4%
  4. 7

24.5%
  5. 6

14.3%
  6. 5

4.1%
  7. 4

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  8. 3

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  9. 2

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  10. 1

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. Mosh

Mosh The years just pass like trains Staff Member

I think Genghis Khan is one of Maiden's most programmatic songs. When I listen to Transylvania, I don't really envision vampires, but when I listen to Genghis Khan I can totally envision Genghis and his army riding into battle. With the steady gallop of the opening with the high speed riffs signaling the beginning of the battle. It's an early instance of Maiden telling a story through music and they're already pros at it.

Last edited: Mar 23, 2016
  2. Nick2632

Nick2632 Nomad

7/10. A pretty good instrumental tune! But I think it would have been better if it was longer and had some more sessions. Still has a very cool atmospheric feel to it as does every song on Killers.

3. DJMayes

DJMayes Educated Fool

5. Cool little instrumental but I much prefer Transylvania.

Rankings:

1980 - Iron Maiden - 6.67

8 - Prowler
    6 - Sanctuary
    7 - Remember Tomorrow
    6 - Running Free
    9 - Phantom Of The Opera
    7 - Transylvania
    4 - Strange World
    6 - Charlotte The Harlot
    7 - Iron Maiden

1981 - Killers

6 - The Ides Of March
    6 - Wrathchild
    6 - Murders In The Rue Morgue
    5 - Another Life
    5 - Genghis Khan

4. Sth2112

Sth2112 Nomad

Another great instrumental, brilliant work by all of them. Steve rules on the Killers album, espesially on this track. 9/10

5. Poto

Poto Ancient Mariner

IMO Maiden's best instrumental. 9/10

Forostar likes this.
  6. Rock n Roll Insight

Rock n Roll Insight Rock n Roll Insight

Genghis Khan is a phenomenal track. It gets to be a thrash metal song when it really gets going and I love the stellar drumming from Clive Burr on it.

7. BeThyJames

BeThyJames Trooper

I'd really love to be able to appreciate the instrumentals that others seem to enjoy so much. I do enjoy the climax to this though and prefer the whole thing to Transylvania.

8. matic22

matic22 H is shorter for God.

Haven't heard this one for a while. It begins with a part somewhat similar to TRATB and manages to go completely nuts after. Good song.

7/10

terrell39 likes this.
  9. Diesel 11

Diesel 11 Gott Mit Uns

Maiden's greatest instrumental. That's hard to pull off when all your instrumentals are amazing. Love this song, one of the band's catchiest tunes - and it doesn't even have lyrics. One that always ends up stuck in my head, and one I always come back to.
    ^This. 10/10

terrell39 likes this.