GAMES DISCUSSION - submissions welcome!

Opeth referendum?

• Total voters
He definitely has a lot more, but this is already a ton of material. Just want to make sure I'm not missing any essentials besides his main PT and solo albums.

There are a lot of PT tracks that never showed up on albums, some of them quite good, but the question is how important they are in a survivor geared towards newcomers to the music. I'd stick with the albums and let potential converts explore further on their own.

I also think that for a n00bvivor that's more than enough. I would also suggest somewhat longer rounds in this particular case, to get acquainted with the music properly. Not too much, but not 2 days either.

Yep. I can see a lot of listening being required for this, rather than recaps like other survivors.

Totally, I won't put a close date on the polls so they can stay open until everybody gets a vote in.

It's a good idea, but it requires a lot of research. Just consider how much work Paul has done since 1981.

I'll pitch in on the research end. I think it could be narrowed down a bit by going with EPs and full albums only (basically skipping the "he did one song on some tribute album stuff" .. not just Paul, but Bruce did some of that as well in the 90s), also I think we can skip re-releases of Maiden songs.

Thankfully Al Gore invented this information super highway thing .. makes it easier

I would however include at least Bruce's bonus tracks - Ghost of Cain, Real World, Return of the King (I could live without Confeos, though), maybe even Eternal... and from what I've heard, the bonus discs of Balls and Skunkworks are allegedly pretty cool too. I believe he also recorded something new for the best of album. Though I definitely wouldn't need to have all the AC/DCTomJonesQueenBlackSabbathAliceCooper covers etc.

I would however include at least Bruce's bonus tracks - Ghost of Cain, Real World, Return of the King (I could live without Confeos, though), maybe even Eternal... and from what I've heard, the bonus discs of Balls and Skunkworks are allegedly pretty cool too. I believe he also recorded something new for the best of album. Though I definitely wouldn't need to have all the AC/DCTomJonesQueenBlackSabbathAliceCooper covers etc.

That sounds good, I will have some time tomorrow .. I'll take a first pass at a list. I think the good thing about doing this would be that I (and others) might end up hearing some stuff from these guys that I never heard before .. or had not heard in a long time.

That sounds good, I will have some time tomorrow .. I'll take a first pass at a list. I think the good thing about doing this would be that I (and others) might end up hearing some stuff from these guys that I never heard before .. or had not heard in a long time.

So, I started this up, if there is interest, I will finish it.

Brief explanation. I am skipping any covers of Maiden songs, songs on tribute albums to other bands, and covers albums. I thought I would include non-Maiden covers if it is a case of a cover song on an album of mostly original material. All The Young Dudes on TM would be an example of this.

Any original bonus tracks will be added to the album.

I am only doing this for credited members on albums (no Paul Day, Dennis Wilcock,etc)

I am sticking all of this in a database so I can edit it easily and queried the results into a spreadsheet.

Columns

Band Name -- Self explanatory
Album Title -- Also self explanatory
Release Date .. if it is 1/1/year, I did not find the exact release date. I would like to find them
Maiden Status -- A bit of a flaw in this one as it can be more than one depending on who is in the band. But values are "In Maiden"=Stuff they did while still in Maiden, Pre-Maiden, Post-Maiden, In Between Maiden (Adrian and Bruce are the only qualifiers here)
Song Name -- self explanatory
Link -- I am adding youtube links, figured this would be helpful for some of the more obscure stuff, I did not find a few
Maiden Band Members -- Any Maiden members that had any credit on the album, not really going song by song here.

Best as I can tell, I covered Paul Di'Anno on this first round. I'll keep working on it, any fixes would be appreciated.

I think I properly shared this so anyone can see it

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet...zLPy173XhKkzlzwp50xbE/edit?pref=2&pli=1#gid=0

Back