GAMES DISCUSSION - submissions welcome!

Opeth referendum?

• Total voters
I think that's enough people. One of the mods should schedule it. I'm down to host, but if one of you want to that's cool too.

After recent comments on the Iron Maiden Survivor, I was wondering if it would be fun to do a "Shorter Maiden Survivor," with just songs under 5 minutes long?

(I haven't actually counted how many this would be, but I'm guessing at least 2 from each album...)

After recent comments on the Iron Maiden Survivor, I was wondering if it would be fun to do a "Shorter Maiden Survivor," with just songs under 5 minutes long?

(I haven't actually counted how many this would be, but I'm guessing at least 2 from each album...)
It's been done in some way when I pitted Maiden's short songs against short songs from other bands: http://forum.maidenfans.com/threads/tournament-of-short-songs-results.30612/

Btw. I'm gonna host another Bruce Dickinson Survivor after Maiden Survivor ends.

Looking at the top 14, I think an appropriate cut-off would be 7 minutes. It would give a completely new top 10 and include several more post-reunion songs than the five minute cut-off. I would count Satellite 15 and The Final Frontier as separate songs too.

Just did a quick tally and it looks like there are 116 songs under 7 minutes and 95 songs under 6 minutes (out of 156 total). Using only songs under 5 minutes pretty much eliminates everything post 2000.

Back