GAMES DISCUSSION - submissions welcome!

Opeth referendum?

• Total voters
How long will @Stardust's survivor last? I'm a long way off doing mine, I haven't asked for nominations yet. I did talk to SMX about it in chat recently, but I might still run some rules and ideas past our survivor 'bosses' first.

Worst Song Ever needs to end before Dusty's game starts, you'll have a lot of time, don't worry :)

How long will @Stardust's survivor last? I'm a long way off doing mine, I haven't asked for nominations yet. I did talk to SMX about it in chat recently, but I might still run some rules and ideas past our survivor 'bosses' first.

He has said he's going for max 32 concept albums. That's a short game, about a month. You should start putting your game list together when his game starts.

When I was running Survivors, I found that a day per song was usually a good estimate. You let a round run for 2-3 days and then eliminate 2-3 songs.

Tentatively:

I haven't decided on the follow up to Alter Bridge.
Nightwish will follow Sabaton (just in time for the new album).
Amon Amarth will follow Nightwish.
Unknown One will host Blind Guardian Survivor, not yet decided when.

Now, who would be up for Blue Öyster Cult Survivor? I'm slowly getting into them, and I remember few people suggesting them earlier. And Survivors are a great way to get to know a band better :)

Blue Öyster Cult survivor be loads of fun, their discography is solid and plenty of forum members here have heard a good bit of their albums.

I'm all over a BOC survivor. One of my all-time faves.
Didn't think there was enough interest in the forum, but with a couple more maybe we could pull it off.

*raises hand*

I can't promise that I'll join all rounds, or have time to listen to everything but I'd certainly join.

I'd like your blue-eyed horseshoe, I'd like your emerald horny toad, I'd like to do it to your daughter on a dirt road.

God, early BOC had some of the most twistedly awesome lyrics ever.
Please do this. I'd love to hear what you guys think.

Alright. I think I'll start it sometime after Alter Bridge finishes. All albums should be in the game, I presume? Also, for people who aren't sure about participating in all rounds - every time a new album is introduced, I'll have an extended round that'll last for like 5 days, so that everyone has the time to relisten & vote :)

Sure. It's probably gonna start after Judas Priest Survivor ends, probably at the same time as Halford :)

I was wondering about the Queen survivor...when will it be hosted? I know that some people like Queen on the forum.

Also, if it's hosted, let's make it so that the Queen song with the great guitar riff wins!

Back