GAMES DISCUSSION - submissions welcome!

Opeth referendum?

• Total voters
I think 5 song and 3 album Survivors running at the same time is enough.

I added a tentative schedule for the song Survivors, I'll edit it according to suggestions :)
How do the upcoming band and solo survivors fit in? I suppose my idea about instrumentals will be in the song survivor category.

They're all survivors. The issue right now is that the forum is cluttered with games, so all games should be grouped into one category for the time being.

We seem to agree that the limit should be 8 games at a time; maybe we could have 5 song survivors, 2 album survivors, and one instrumental survivor, for example. I don't think the combination matters as long as there are only 8 (or less) games running.

Updated the list again. If followed, there will be 5 song and 3 album Survivors running concurrently. Didn't mention the best-off/world cup/instrumental stuff yet. Can someone list all of them (active and upcoming)?

Upcoming:

World Cup of Maidenfans Version 2.0, is already in preparation phase, with a topic (Mckindog). Will start very soon I think.
Instrumental songs (Forostar) needs preparation phase, several weeks before it actually starts; I'd like to open a separate topic when the time comes.
Maiden guitars solos (Forostar) I prefer to do this one after the Instrumentals.

Last edited:
Since Colin already did a studio album survivor for Iron Maiden, I'd like to do a power game for the studio albums. I started one for songs before the forum got that huge upgrade and screwed up the games (http://forum.maidenfans.com/threads/the-iron-maiden-power-game-debut-round-6-12-19-12-22.22486/). I'd like to get that going again sometime in the distant future, but for now doing just studio albums would be a good test. Some rules will be revised as well.

If that's too many games, I'll just delay one of my studio album survivors (probably Dream Theater).

We're giving you guys free hand here, but I would just like to remark that I don't see how reorganising this couldn't have waited till NP was back from his holiday.

So on the Queensryche survivor. when can I start that? I'll also do a album survivor for that.

Sounds good to me, I'd probably start the album survivor sometime during the Megadeth song survivor.

You should probably wait until the Megadeth song survivor is over to start the album survivor.

@mckindog: Iron Maiden Survivor is gonna be done in 2-3 weeks as I can see, will you be starting Janick Gers after it? When will World Cup of Maidenfans start?
@Mosh: Dream Theater and Black Sabbath Survivors are almost over, will you be starting Genesis/The Beatles right after them?

Not immediately, I'll probably wait for all the studio album games to end.

I've got to get up to speed on Jannick's pre-Maiden stuff, but there shouldn't be any problem starting that one when Maiden is done.
I was hoping to prepare the World Cup stuff this weekend. It could start that soon, if that fits in the big picture.

Back