GAMES DISCUSSION - submissions welcome!

Opeth referendum?

• Total voters
I we have loads of survivors running at the moment Collin so the games subforum is unbelievably cluttered. Any chance of waiting until a few are finished before starting the Queensryche one?
I agree with this.
I'd like to play, but there are already games going on I'd like to play but I'm not.
Maybe we should limit things to 6-8 games at a time?

With that said, Janick Gers doesn't get enough respect on here.
I'd like to do a Janick survivor next time there's an opening for a Maiden-related survivor.

This thread isn't doing a great job at organizing the survivors, it's turned into another archive thread and it's getting increasingly difficult keeping track of everything. Having two tracker threads isn't helping either. So here's my idea: Lets decide on a limit of games being run at a time, I like Dog's idea of 6-8. I've been running four at a time with two a day, but if more people want to host their own games, I can cut it down to two at a time.

Here's a list of the games that are being run right now:
Iron Maiden
Dream Theater
Metallica
Black Sabbath
Sabaton
Rush Studio Album
Judas Priest Studio Album
Megadeth Studio Album

I'm not gonna count Genesis studio album survivor because it hardly updates and I'll just start a new one later on anyway.

These are the games that are slated to start soon:
Iced Earth
Genesis
The Beatles
Janick Gers
Queensryche
Dream Theater Studio Album (to start immediately after Dream Theater)
Metallica Studio Album (to start immediately after Metallica)
Black Sabbath Studio Album (to start immediately after Black Sabbath)
Sabaton Studio Album (to start immediately after Sabaton)

Did I miss anything? I didn't include Opeth, Judas Priest*, or The Big 4 because those have been TBD for almost 2 years now and who knows when they'll actually happen. I'm also not counting non-survivor games like World Cup of Maidenfans, but if you guys want to count those, we can do that.

So I think once we decide on a limit, we should start running games like this: Instead of having games start on random days decided by the host, lets actually schedule them. When one game ends, another starts, not any sooner. This way, we'll always have the same number of survivor games running and people will have a better chance to prepare for an upcoming game. For example, lets say Queensryche starts immediately after Metallica. Once Metallica hits the top ten, Colin can start preparing the game and people can start listening to the music or whatever if they need to. Then as soon as Metallica ends, Queensryche starts. What do you guys think?

Since NP isn't around to edit this thread, I can open a new temporary one if y'all want.

*Although I think Judas Priest would be appropriate after the studio album game, especially with the discography discussion going on at the same time. @Unknown One

I am here, but on a posting break. If it really can't wait, I'll edit it tomorrow, no need for 2 threads.

Edit: I could start the Queensryche survivor after Metallica ends. Album survivor after that one ends.

Last edited:
Alright, in that case you should wait until the album survivor ends.

So should we limit it to 6 survivors at a time? That seems reasonable enough to me.

I'll wait a bit to get more input from others, then I'll write up a schedule for the next set of games.

Yeah I'm fine with starting the Priest survivor soon, but I haven't due to the forum being cluttered with games lately. I do like the idea of starting it after the album survivor however.

Well that's what I'm trying to fix here. What do you think about the idea of only having a certain number of games running at a time?

Yeah, this is similar to the discussion we had a couple of years ago concerning this sort of thing. I'd say about 7-8 would be about right.

Can all this just wait a couple of more days until I get back on Sunday?

I have some plans to suggest, but I didn't know it's such an urgent matter that I'd have to do it on the January 1st...

Mosh, you, me and UO started "organizing" Survivors after SMX, but by now you broke everything we agreed on in the beginning, and now you complain about too many games. I don't get it. I don't see anyone else complaining about this thread except for you.

I'm not the one who started complaining about too many games, but I think the people complaining have a point. I'm proposing a new way to organize the games and part of it involves adjusting this thread, which hasn't been very useful.

My complaint about this thread would be the listing of the results for some survivors. I don't think there's a need for that. There's already a results thread.

Can't change the title now :p Imagine it says: "Upcoming Survivors Tracker Thread" :p

This is your statement in the first page, NP, why are the completed survivors listed then?

I think you should lose the completed ones, list the ongoing survivors under Active Survivors chapter and upcoming survivors under Upcoming Survivors chapter. Make the upcomings start just after active ones to keep track of the number of survivors going on.

Last edited:
Exactly. Getting rid of that would already help a bunch. But we discussed this already and you refused to do anything about it.

This is your statement in the first page, NP, why are the completed survivors listed then?
Taken out of context. Thread was opened before any of the Survivors listed started, and after SMX stopped hosting them. What I meant was, all Survivors hosted from that day onwards. Nevermind anyway.

Still needs work, but I changed the layout. I'm editing the upcoming stuff at the moment, so don't complain about that yet :nonono:

I think 5 song and 3 album Survivors running at the same time is enough.

I added a tentative schedule for the song Survivors, I'll edit it according to suggestions :)

Studio album survivors should be included in this thread. No point in having two different threads.

Back