GAMES DISCUSSION - submissions welcome!

Opeth referendum?

• Total voters
By the way I just looked through the old forum games and "World Cup of Maidenfans" done by @mckindog to determine the second best band in the world in 2011 caught my eye. A very tough game to host but still, it'd be a good idea to bring it back.

Last one was before Th1rt3en was released.

You don't have to listen to me, 'cause I'm not in charge of Survivors :) But I'd suggest you wait for one of the big ones to end or reach the finals. It'd be easier to keep up. What about starting it at the same time as Iced Earth (January 7th)? By then all of the others should be in the finals :)

I'd participate, btw.
That's a good idea. Ill wait for the Iron Maiden Survivor to end. You could go ahead and add me to the list if you wanted to.

By the way I just looked through the old forum games and "World Cup of Maidenfans" done by @mckindog to determine the second best band in the world in 2011 caught my eye. A very tough game to host but still, it'd be a good idea to bring it back.

I'll take another look at it in the new year if people are interested.
It's been a couple years and we have a lot of new posters.

I'm definitely interested in that, I remember not being able to participate as much as I would've liked the first time around.

Is there any chance we could have studio album survivors of other bands with reasonable sized discographies? For example, once the Dream Theater is finished you could do a studio album game Mosh, and Night Prowler you could do an Iced Earth album game after the main survivor, and Collin, if you do the Megadeth survivor you could follow it up with an album game.

Is there any chance we could have studio album survivors of other bands with reasonable sized discographies? For example, once the Dream Theater is finished you could do a studio album game Mosh, and Night Prowler you could do an Iced Earth album game after the main survivor, and Collin, if you do the Megadeth survivor you could follow it up with an album game.
Sounds like a plan. :bigsmile:

Sure, I'll do that.

Flash, Mosh thanks for the feedback.
Agree with Flash, the Maiden survivor has kinda proved that most of the Maiden instrumentals don't really get a lot of love anyway. Personally, I don't think any of them would be among my favorites.

Also I assume this game is just for rock/metal instrumentals?
No, all instrumentals count. My main idea is that I want people to share (and learn about) other instrumental songs. I am trying to do it in a manner that people will have a chance to listen to the music before we start. So I rather not want to conclude beforehand that there is not much love for instrumental music besides Maiden. Maybe some people haven't heard much yet. And this could change that.

All genres are allowed. Naturally, when people would bring in their picks, they can decide themselves if they want to take into account with expected popularity or not.

Bringing in Maiden songs would result into a predictable outcome. I rather not do it, but I'll think about it, because it might draw more people into the survivor. I only hope people pay attention to the other songs as well, instead of only wanting Maiden to win and that's it.

Yes to both sirs. Must confess I am not sure about classic musical, because I wonder if people will come with hours of long symphonies now. ;-)

Or an album length Coltrane piece. ;)

For my list, I think I'm going to stick with rock and metal. I could come up with complete lists of Jazz, Classical, and even Electronic favorites, trying to compare all of those and create just one list would be too complicated.

I think I'd pick tracks that I esteem to be more appealing to the "general" Maidenfan than jazz or classical.

Dibs on next Bruce Dickinson Survivor :P I figured it's too soon to do it now, but in late 2014, I'll be hosting it. If he suddenly releases a new album, then earlier :P

I'd like to do a Machine Head Survivor after their new album comes out later next year. How many people would be interested?

Just looked this up and damn...need to bring back Priest where they belong! I would absolutely take part in it, wish you good luck, mckindog, on hosting it.

In addition, I dug up the Maiden Head to Head thing, really cool as well. Sadly I wasn't around at the time.

Back