GAMES DISCUSSION - submissions welcome!

Opeth referendum?

• Total voters
For the newer albums, which I like as well ... maybe do 2 albums at a time to knock them out quicker. It gets trickier with Anthrax than the other bands, I personally like the Bush albums as much as the Belladonna ones -- not sure if I am alone there.

The shame is that tough, there are some rare very good, possibly contender songs here and there. The Scorpion by Megadeth and All Nightmare Long by Metallica spring to my mind.

Thinking of putting together a Live Album survivor next week, inspired by Mckindog's best album ever game. Who would be interested? I'll post more details tomorrow.

Depends on what you mean by big. I'd like every decade from the 70's to the present to have a somewhat large amount of contenders. Definitely room for input, I'll have a nominations thread similar to what Mckindog had.

Yea, I don't expect this one to be quite as heated, but would still be fun to give a shot.

Anyone interested in Candlemass Survivor? I'm getting to know the band, and Survivors always help with that stuff :) 4 voters including myself would be enough, though I'd start it in about 2 months when some bigger Survivors end...

@Mosh Awhile back ago I suggested that Iron Maiden album survivor. I'd be happy to run it, but I'd need to know when to start it.

Somewhere in 2014 I am planning to do (a) Iron Maiden guitar solos survivor(s), or other kind of game; format will be decided later.
Input will come from this topic: http://forum.maidenfans.com/threads/your-favourite-murray-smith-and-gers-solos-in-iron-maiden.24652/
I hope you guys will contribute to that topic if you haven't yet. In case people have discovered a new 'love' for a solo, wish to replace a certain one, go ahead and edit this in your own post.

There's still time, but time goes fast in a world with so many other games. ;-)

Has there been a Megadeth survivor since their last album came out? If there hasn't been, then I wouldn't mind hosting it.

Last one was before Th1rt3en was released.

You don't have to listen to me, 'cause I'm not in charge of Survivors :) But I'd suggest you wait for one of the big ones to end or reach the finals. It'd be easier to keep up. What about starting it at the same time as Iced Earth (January 7th)? By then all of the others should be in the finals :)

I'd participate, btw.

I'd also like to do a survivor solely featuring our favourite non-Maiden instrumental songs. Also somewhere in 2014. Before it actually starts I want to investigate which favourites (I'd say a maximum of 5 songs) you guys have so we need to take time for that as well. So there will be a topic where we collect these songs so everybody can listen to them in advance but also during the survivor, of course.

I think you should take the "non-Maiden" out of there and it'd be cool. There's not a whole lot of Maiden instrumentals anyway.

Agree with Flash, the Maiden survivor has kinda proved that most of the Maiden instrumentals don't really get a lot of love anyway. Personally, I don't think any of them would be among my favorites.

Also I assume this game is just for rock/metal instrumentals?

Back