Food thread!

So, I decided to surprise my wife when she would come home from the hospital and decided to cook... and made my first shepherd's pie (well, cottage pie, but whatever). So yesterday I had to make my first chicken broth as well. It all went really well and - false humbleness aside - it tasted awesome. Even wifey was very pleased and that means a lot to me, because she's an incredibly talented and disciplined cook. But honestly it's all because of the recipe and my willingness to follow it closely, nothing else.

55575686_10214083001131832_5194873578574577664_n.jpg

(I didn't use the lid, by the way, I just cast it aside there)

@Brigantium did you know about this place in Manchester?

They even have a vegan option.

Last edited:
So, with a bit of a lack of bread and assorted other things in the house, and competition serious over shopping delivery slots, I'm looking into new recipes to try. Today: Irish potato cakes. We had mashed potato with a meal yesterday, and deliberatly made slightly too much, with a view to trying out other stuff made with mashed potato. I'll post pics if they don't look too bad.

I call that a success. Got seven of these (bigger than they look in this pic) out of a small amount of mashed potato and very little flour. I added some sugar as we had them sweet, with some stewed fruit. Next step will be to try savoury ones.

Attachments

• 20200323_121554.jpg
    20200323_121554.jpg
    719.9 KB · Views: 9
Back