Favorite Iron Maiden Voice

Who is your favourite Iron Maiden vocalist?

• Paul Di'Anno

Votes: 11 7.1%
  • Bruce Dickinson

Votes: 136 87.2%
  • Blaze Bayley

Votes: 9 5.8%

• Total voters
Fixed the poll. Everybody will have to vote again (you can also change your vote if your opinion changes). :)

Last time I voted,  it was for Bruce.  After the new album,  nothing's changed!  He's a great vocalist,  and imo next comes Blaze.  I never liked Di'Anno as a singer,  and that's why I rarely listen to the first 2 albums,  and I prefer their songs performed by Dickinson.

I have voted Bruce. He's the voice of Maiden. And he's simply the voice of heavy metal. And now his voice is still excellent, contrary to a lot of hard rock or metal singer who lost their voice.

I really find Paul Di'Anno's voice annoying.  I don't know why.  I bought the Iron Maiden album shortly after buying Edward the Great (the first IM album I bought) and I just didn't like the sound of his voice.  Blaze is good, but really, it's Bruce Dickinson's voice that utterly defines the whole sound of Iron Maiden.

I think Blaze Bayley's voice is quite good, it's just that he happened to follow up one of the most iconic voices in all of metal. Bruce Dickinson is the voice of Iron Maiden and gets my vote, but I think if people didn't have Bruce for 7 or so albums before Blaze, people would have no problem with him. It's just you're trying to step into some massive shoes when you replace Bruce Dickinson.

I was just looking at the title of this thread and I was wandering where is the option for the voceover at the start of "Number of the Beast"?

Conor said:
I was just looking at the title of this thread and I was wandering where is the option for the voceover at the start of "Number of the Beast"?
Isn't this how the holy church of Adrian Smith was created?  You're not trying to become an heretic now are you? ;)

Bruce, of course.
The biggest genius of all vocalists.
He has several different voices. The clear, air raid siren, operatic voice, the totally opposit to first one harsh vocal he displays in tattooed m., no prayer... and also the type of voice he used in Accident, Chemical w., Tyranny, and post reunion Maiden albums, which is a bit deep and different than the previous two styles of his singing.

He can sing any words and make it sound great.
You could put a novel in front of him, and he could sing it in its entirety.
He's just that good. In my book, he's the best of all times.

Yes Bruce is a great singer and did well with maiden, but without Paul on the first two albums, there wouldn't have been a maiden to go to. My vote is for Paul because the first two maiden albums are the best.

Well, the question asks for my FAVOURITE, that means I have to vote for Blaze. If the question was who is the best Iron Maiden singer, I would have chosen Bruce probably. I like voices of the three in equal, but Bruce is probably the best live IM singer and frontman and IM is a live band. But Blaze - I like The X Factor and his Sillicon Messiah and The Tenth Dimension (only these, I have) and these are the proof of his qualities - he is a different type of a singer and a composer, but that does not mean he is worse than Bruce, right? And Paul? I like the two albums with Paul more than some with Bruce (with an exception of some tracks - hehe, I quite do not like Iron Maiden). Another specific voice which perfectly fits to the old material. Oh, maybe my favourite list would eventually be Blaze, Paul, Bruce. Umm...

I went for Paul, Bruce's voice in the earlier albums has gotten a bit annoying, I like his new "deeper" sound, but I really like the stuff done by Paul.

I don't really know how to properly call it, but if you listen to the Samson albums with Bruce, his voice sounds a lot younger and inexperienced as compared to his Maiden efforts. This "voice" is almost gone on The Number Of The Beast, but traces still remain, most notably on Children Of The Damned. This is something you can't really describe, but when you hear it, it should be noticeable. Anyone agree?  :innocent:

Other than that, I'm not sure whether I prefer the "younger" or "older" Bruce, though I suppose I'll settle for the latter option.

I haven't heard the samson albums, but if you want to know what I mean by annoying listen to aces high... it literally is "too high". That is a song I can't fully enjoy anymore. I know what you meant though.

Onhell said:
I haven't heard the samson albums, but if you want to know what I mean by annoying listen to aces high... it literally is "too high". That is a song I can't fully enjoy anymore. I know what you meant though.

Really?  For me it is the opposite.  I'm enjoying the song more and more.

Brucie gets the vote for me; he has the greatest range.

I agree with Genghis Khan. Bruce has the greatest vocal range of all the 3. And of course Bruce has, from what I've seen, the greatest stage presence of all the 3. From the bootlegs I have of the X factour, Blaze sings well on the X Factor songs but struggles with the Bruce era ones. Paul is a good singer live but doesn't match Bruce. So Bruce gets my vote.

Bruce.
He's just a very talented singer. he can sing most Paul and Blaze era songs while Blaze can't sing most of Bruce songs.

Back