Favorite Iron Maiden Voice

Who is your favourite Iron Maiden vocalist?

• Paul Di'Anno

Votes: 11 7.1%
  • Bruce Dickinson

Votes: 136 87.2%
  • Blaze Bayley

Votes: 9 5.8%

• Total voters
Yes, indeed, Bruce is the voice of Iron Maiden and my vote was for him, but Blaze Bayley is a great singer, and actually, one of my favorite songs (Man on the Edge) is singed by him. Paul Di'Anno is awesome too, he has a LOT of feeling.

I think Bruce is Iron Maiden's best voice because he can hit really high notes and hold them there for a very long time, he is also my favourite because he can work the crowd well but can also control them well in the process.

I have probably committed high treason but have voted for Paul!
The reason is there are load of Maidens songs that I like that he was the lead singer for, the others just cant do them justice.
Pauls raw power really shines through and although Killers and Iron Maiden where some of the last albums I brought they ended up being in my top 5 favorite Maiden Albums.
In addition to this the first album was badly produced yet Paul still sounds excellent.
However Bruce was just a fraction out, responsible for many classic songs which I enjoy plus he sung the SiT album(my fave) but SSoaSS to FotD Inclusive his ability and style wavered too erraticly to enjoy as much as the previous albums.
It is this which got Paul to the number 1 slot.

[!--quoteo(post=98319:date=Feb 21 2005, 02:24 PM:name=iron_beast)--][div class=\'quotetop\']QUOTE(iron_beast @ Feb 21 2005, 02:24 PM) [snapback]98319[/snapback][/div][div class=\'quotemain\'][!--quotec--]
Blaze Bayley down----->Sucks live..Listen to The Evil That Men Do--->Sucks
[/quote]

I used to see Wolfsbane upon every trip down to the Marquee way back then. And I have to say, although not technically the greatest vocalist, he was definitely someone who could command an audience. What’s more, Wolfsbane live was a lot of fun.

On a sad note, I never saw Maiden with Blaze live - shame.

My vote was for Bruce, as he is really the voice of Maiden.

brucey is the right man (and voice) for Iron Fuckin Maiden [img src=\"style_emoticons/[#EMO_DIR#]/smile.gif\" style=\"vertical-align:middle\" emoid=\":)\" border=\"0\" alt=\"smile.gif\" /]

Bruce. Haven't heard much by Blaze yet. Paul was great, but Bruce is part of the reason why Maiden is so great. I've never heard anything that sounds much like Bruce's voice. He's responsible for so many classic songs, and also most of my favs. I respect all three of em, but Bruce is just the best.

Bruce, a very easy choice since i believe that he is the voice of maiden, second for me is paul which is because i love the first 2 albums but not as much as bruce's work.

Brucie Brucie Brucie..... He is the most fav singer of mine of all time. And I think there are other vocals in the world who are far better than Paul and Blaze.

I have noticed that Bruce sounds a little off Bruce when singing Blaze or Paul songs. This is not difficult to understand. Paul's songs were snappy and in times a little crude. Blaze's songs were composed with Blazes's limitaion in mind. He couldn't hit a high note convincingly. Blaze is a good singer. But nowhere near to Bruce's league.

Put it like this..If a professional, world class soccer player has to play in an amature team he wont be playing very good. Because his skill depends on so many other things. Its just like that. Most [almost all] of the blazes song is not challenging particularly for Bruce. So it doesn't really mean anything if he sings them not very well. Ask bruce to sing Dream Theater's 'Pull me Under' and see what happens. Or any of Geoff Tate's songs.

anyway....
VOTE FOR YOUR BEST METAL SINGER HERE ---

http://www.misterpoll.com/3719385743.html

It's different because it appreciates vocal talents and lists vocals regardless of the music they sing with. Since there are good vocals out there singing in shitty bands that dont do justice to their talents. The folowing vocals are listed there.Vote for the one you think is the best and see the result to know what other people think --

1.Rob Halford [Judas Priest]
2.Lemmy Kilmister [Motorhead]
3.Ripper Owens [Iced Earth]
4.Russell Allen [Symphony X]
5.Dani Filth [Cradle of Filth]
6.Serj Tankian [System of a Down]
7.David Draiman [Disturbed]
8.James Hetfield [Metallica]
9.Bruce Dickinson [Iron Maiden]
10.Dio [Dio]
11.Geoff Tate [Queensrÿche]

Leave a message if you like explaining why do you think someone is the best [although there is perhaps no such thing as 'the best singer']

[!--quoteo(post=121892:date=Nov 1 2005, 09:28 PM:name=Conor)--][div class=\'quotetop\']QUOTE(Conor @ Nov 1 2005, 09:28 PM) [snapback]121892[/snapback][/div][div class=\'quotemain\'][!--quotec--]
I have seen these on mp3 downloading websites etc but they are probably fakes. Maverick seems to be right about these kind of things so I would trust his answer of simple "No"
[/quote]

IM and judas are almost contemporary bands so no JP cover from IM is possible for me

i think that halford + maiden would be great but something absolutely different. no long hair, no stage running, no sense for maiden etc., etc.
Bruce was the right choice in right time.

[!--quoteo(post=133541:date=Mar 31 2006, 04:15 PM:name=agdabavipain)--][div class=\'quotetop\']QUOTE(agdabavipain @ Mar 31 2006, 04:15 PM) [snapback]133541[/snapback][/div][div class=\'quotemain\'][!--quotec--]halford + maiden ... no sense for maiden[/quote]Hmmm... This doesn't make much sense to me.

To me, Maiden is Maiden no matter who the singer is, really. It's like saying that you become a different person when you marry someone else. If you're worth anything in the first place, you stay who you are, eh? [img src=\"style_emoticons/[#EMO_DIR#]/smile.gif\" style=\"vertical-align:middle\" emoid=\":)\" border=\"0\" alt=\"smile.gif\" /]

[!--quoteo(post=133541:date=Mar 31 2006, 03:15 PM:name=agdabavipain)--][div class=\'quotetop\']QUOTE(agdabavipain @ Mar 31 2006, 03:15 PM) [snapback]133541[/snapback][/div][div class=\'quotemain\'][!--quotec--]
IM and judas are almost contemporary bands so no JP cover from IM is possible for me
[/quote] That shouldn't stop them. Plenty of other bands have covered their contemporaries.
[!--quoteo(post=133541:date=Mar 31 2006, 03:15 PM:name=agdabavipain)--][div class=\'quotetop\']QUOTE(agdabavipain @ Mar 31 2006, 03:15 PM) [snapback]133541[/snapback][/div][div class=\'quotemain\'][!--quotec--]
i think that halford + maiden would be great but something absolutely different. no long hair, no stage running, no sense for maiden etc., etc.
Bruce was the right choice in right time.
[/quote] Bruce doesn't have long hair.
As SL said, Maiden would still be Maiden without Bruce. I think that only if Steve left would the band completely lose it [img src=\"style_emoticons/[#EMO_DIR#]/wink.gif\" style=\"vertical-align:middle\" emoid=\";)\" border=\"0\" alt=\"wink.gif\" /]

If you listen to "The One You Love To Hate" on Halford's Resurrection album, you will notice how Rob's voice relates to Bruce's. I don't think Rob would do Bruce's higher stuff properly, mostly because his way of hitting the high notes is different from Bruce's. I'd be interested in hearing Rob handling some Maiden songs, but I think he would be unfit for being a regular Maiden singer.

I'd have to say Bruce Dickinson, the first time I heard The Number of the Beast, Run to the Hills and Hallowed be thy Name, those 3 songs alone sound fantastic.

A no-brainer. Bruce is head and shoulders above Paul Di'anno in so many ways as a singer and performer and entertainer. But....I love Paul too!

[!--quoteo(post=134621:date=Apr 12 2006, 04:31 PM:name=maidenmig)--][div class=\'quotetop\']QUOTE(maidenmig @ Apr 12 2006, 04:31 PM) [snapback]134621[/snapback][/div][div class=\'quotemain\'][!--quotec--]
A no-brainer. Bruce is head and shoulders above Paul Di'anno in so many ways as a singer and performer and entertainer. But....I love Paul too!
[/quote]
What about Bayley Cook? Does he not even deserve a mention?

How easy it is to forget five or six years of history with a post that took abut thirty seconds and two brain cells to write ::

Back