Favorite Iron Maiden Voice

Who is your favourite Iron Maiden vocalist?

• Paul Di'Anno

Votes: 11 7.1%
  • Bruce Dickinson

Votes: 136 87.2%
  • Blaze Bayley

Votes: 9 5.8%

• Total voters
A

Anonymous

You've heard their voices, well that's for sure (they all sang at least one IM song).
So know, all you have to do is to vote for your favorite Iron Maiden vocalist !!  [img src=\"style_emoticons/[#EMO_DIR#]/smile.gif\" style=\"vertical-align:middle\" emoid=\":)\" border=\"0\" alt=\"smile.gif\" /]

On your mouses and keyboards !
Cheers

The poll was edited to look a bit more "serious" (although it obviously isn't!). Well, if we're going to have to put up with this sort of question, we might as well get used to it right now.

And I even voted!

Like 99.99999999999999999999% of the others, I chose old Brucie, whose voice IS Maiden (no disrespect to the others who are also great singers, but Bruce made his name with Maiden and he made Maiden's name too).

Again, Bruce is the voice of Maiden. I liked Pauls vocals, full of energy and all that but .... Bruce IS Maiden

I voted for Bruce, but only because not all Maiden singers are listed. Tell me, who was it that sang lead on "Reach Out"? [!--emo&:bow:--][img src=\'style_emoticons/[#EMO_DIR#]/bowdown.gif\' border=\'0\' style=\'vertical-align:middle\' alt=\'bowdown.gif\' /][!--endemo--]

I voted for Blaze because I like low voices. Than comes Paul whose voice has a peculiar tone colour that makes is singing original.
But for other reasons my favorite singer is Bruce.

[!--QuoteBegin-7th Death of a 7th Death+Jan 26 2005, 11:36 AM--][div class=\'quotetop\']QUOTE(7th Death of a 7th Death @ Jan 26 2005, 11:36 AM)[/div][div class=\'quotemain\'][!--QuoteEBegin--]Tell Maverick next time to keep "Adrian Smith"... it was originally on the less serious list!  [!--emo&:)--][img src=\'style_emoticons/[#EMO_DIR#]/smile.gif\' border=\'0\' style=\'vertical-align:middle\' alt=\'smile.gif\' /][!--endemo--]
[snapback]96842[/snapback]​
[/quote]
My comment was a joke, 7th Death. Maverick deleted the option because "Adrian Smith" options are no longer allowed in polls in this forum (with the rare exception of polls where it could be a legit answer, such as the Favorite Lead Guitarist poll).

Some newer members of the board might wonder why Mr. Smith's name is (mostly) banned in this forum. It's because we once had a poll about this very same question (best Maiden singer) and the results got out of control. If you need more explanation, click the link in my sig. All that stuff came from the old best singer poll.

We are now trying to keep the polls here more serious, with a potential for some enlightening discussion. So if you write your polls with reasonable answers in the first place, Mav won't have to edit them.

Bruce of course, but Blaze is a very close second.

BTW, when have we heard Paul Day and Dennis Wilcock?

[!--QuoteBegin-Perun+Feb 2 2005, 11:50 AM--][div class=\'quotetop\']QUOTE(Perun @ Feb 2 2005, 11:50 AM)[/div][div class=\'quotemain\'][!--QuoteEBegin--]BTW, when have we heard Paul Day and Dennis Wilcock?
[snapback]97203[/snapback]​
[/quote]

yes yes yes
when when when

adrian rulez!

That'd be because all of the old polls had an 'adrian smith' option. This was when all of the members worshipped Adrian. The mods used to set Adrian in every poll and he would always have thousands of votes set.

Before your time sonny jim.

I was never a mod. I liked ska, but that was all [!--emo&:p--][img src=\'style_emoticons/[#EMO_DIR#]/tongue.gif\' border=\'0\' style=\'vertical-align:middle\' alt=\'tongue.gif\' /][!--endemo--]

[!--QuoteBegin-Maverick+Feb 3 2005, 02:17 PM--][div class=\'quotetop\']QUOTE(Maverick @ Feb 3 2005, 02:17 PM)[/div][div class=\'quotemain\'][!--QuoteEBegin--]I was never a mod. I liked ska, but that was all  [!--emo&:p--][img src=\'style_emoticons/[#EMO_DIR#]/tongue.gif\' border=\'0\' style=\'vertical-align:middle\' alt=\'tongue.gif\' /][!--endemo--]
[snapback]97316[/snapback]​
[/quote]

[!--emo&:D--][img src=\'style_emoticons/[#EMO_DIR#]/biggrin.gif\' border=\'0\' style=\'vertical-align:middle\' alt=\'biggrin.gif\' /][!--endemo--]

Oh, i apologise LC, m'lord.

[!--QuoteBegin-Perun+Feb 2 2005, 10:50 AM--][div class=\'quotetop\']QUOTE(Perun @ Feb 2 2005, 10:50 AM)[/div][div class=\'quotemain\'][!--QuoteEBegin--]BTW, when have we heard Paul Day and Dennis Wilcock?
[snapback]97203[/snapback]​
[/quote]

The very very very old Maiden's fans have !

Don't forget that most of old people's homes have an access to Internet. [!--emo&:D--][img src=\'style_emoticons/[#EMO_DIR#]/biggrin.gif\' border=\'0\' style=\'vertical-align:middle\' alt=\'biggrin.gif\' /][!--endemo--]

About the Poll, it's another time very hard to choose. They're very different, and even if Bruce is THE Maiden's voice, I sometimes prefer Blaze. I remember, when I heard Dance of Death for the first time, I thought that some songs should be better with Blaze, like 'Face in the Sand'. And I don't like Bruce's voice on some Blaze's songs like 'Lord of the Flies'.

So I vote for Blaze, currently one of my favorite singer !

[!--QuoteBegin-Lib+Feb 4 2005, 12:52 PM--][div class=\'quotetop\']QUOTE(Lib @ Feb 4 2005, 12:52 PM)[/div][div class=\'quotemain\'][!--QuoteEBegin--]The very very very old Maiden's fans have !

Don't forget that most of old people's homes have an access to Internet.  [!--emo&:D--][img src=\'style_emoticons/[#EMO_DIR#]/biggrin.gif\' border=\'0\' style=\'vertical-align:middle\' alt=\'biggrin.gif\' /][!--endemo--]
About the Poll, it's another time very hard to choose. They're very different, and even if Bruce is THE Maiden's voice, I sometimes prefer Blaze. I remember, when I heard Dance of Death for the first time, I thought that some songs should be better with Blaze, like 'Face in the Sand'. And I don't like Bruce's voice on some Blaze's songs like 'Lord of the Flies'.

So I vote for Blaze, currently one of my favorite singer !
[snapback]97377[/snapback]​
[/quote]

Wow! Thats shocking. Have you ever heard Blaze sing live? IMO....he cant!
I guess to each his own though [!--emo&;)--][img src=\'style_emoticons/[#EMO_DIR#]/wink.gif\' border=\'0\' style=\'vertical-align:middle\' alt=\'wink.gif\' /][!--endemo--]

Bruce is the best vocalist.Sings better live than on the albums.
Paul Di'Anno second---->He was a punk influenced vocalist. but now all he do is to roar.
Blaze Bayley down----->Sucks live..Listen to The Evil That Men Do--->Sucks

[!--QuoteBegin-iron_beast+Feb 21 2005, 02:24 PM--][div class=\'quotetop\']QUOTE(iron_beast @ Feb 21 2005, 02:24 PM)[/div][div class=\'quotemain\'][!--QuoteEBegin--]Blaze Bayley down----->Sucks live..Listen to The Evil That Men Do--->Sucks
[snapback]98319[/snapback]​
[/quote]
I voted Blaze 'cause The X Factor was my first maiden album. And have you just listened to Blaze with just maiden?

Bruce, ofcourse [!--emo&:)--][img src=\'style_emoticons/[#EMO_DIR#]/smile.gif\' border=\'0\' style=\'vertical-align:middle\' alt=\'smile.gif\' /][!--endemo--]

Back