Favorite Iron Maiden Voice

Who is your favourite Iron Maiden vocalist?

• Paul Di'Anno

Votes: 11 7.1%
  • Bruce Dickinson

Votes: 136 87.2%
  • Blaze Bayley

Votes: 9 5.8%

• Total voters
I voted for Bruce Dickinson, there's something I like about his voice,
even though my brother says that he sounds like a monkey.  :mad:

Bruce is Maiden, but I love the other two as well for some of their respective songs. They sung some songs better than Bruce does/did them in my opinion. For example Lord of the Flies with Blaze and Phantom of the Opera with Paul.

Bruce is the voice of Maiden.

But Paul sang on the first 2 albums, and to me, Bruce doesn't quite sing his songs as well, except for Iron Maiden and Murders In the Rue Morgue.

Paul's best songs are Killers, Phantom Of the Opera, and...I'd say Twilight Zone

Bruce is the best without a doubt!!!  I wonder if Paul ever kicks himself in the ass for leaving (or getting the boot) so early on?  To know you totally blew it.  I really don't think paul could have pulled it off as well as Bruce has?

Don't start that again!
(See the FAQ in Maiden Chat for more on why he shouldn't start that again)

Bruce got the best voice ever! But From 1975-1976 Paul Day was singing, he's missing!

So is Dennis Wilcock, but I highly doubt we can find many Maiden fans who have heard either of those vocalists...

We have to be careful about who's missing from this poll. For instance, a certain guitarist who sang lead on one Maiden B-side is missing. But that may be a good thing. Last time that guitarist was in a poll like this, it exploded and mutated into something stupidly out of control which hasn't ended yet.

Yeah, and who's fault was that?

Adrian Smith is incapable of being at fault.
Adrian Smith taught Wayne Gretzky to play hockey.
When Adrian Smith reaches 88 mph he travels back in time to 1955.
Adrian Smith is a best-selling brand of ice cream.
Adrian Smith is a master of architecture.
Adrian Smith has been known to guest conduct orchestras, leading them on such famous opuses as Beethoven's 3rd, the Ride of the Valkyries, and Paschendale.
A book called "The Secret Protocols of Adrian Smith" once accused H of plotting world domination.  It was actually written by Adrian Smith as a joke.

Adrian Smith found the Holy Grail, and now uses it as a doorstop.
Adrian Smith invented the number nine.
Adrian Smith uses Halley's Comet as a vacation home every 76 years.
Adrian Smith has perfect teeth.
Adrian Smith, Adrian Smith, killing for fun / eleven foot one, weighs a fuckin' ton.
Adrian Smith will punch your mother.
Adrian Smith is presented in stereo, and in high definition where available.
Adrian Smith is that itch in a sensitive area which you can't scratch among civilized people.
Adrian Smith has not yet destroyed the world in rage. Yet.
Adrian Smith wrote all the Foghorn Leghorn cartoons.
Adrian Smith once made a sawed-off shotgun cry just by gazing at it.
Adrain Smith sweats pure sulfuric acid.
Adrian Smith wants these motherfucking snakes off this motherfucking plane.
Adrian Smith has never had to pay for his own drinks.
Adrian Smith supplied the gunpowder to Guy Fawkes.
Adrian Smith, using different names, has been Pope four times.

LooseCannon said:
So is Dennis Wilcock, but I highly doubt we can find many Maiden fans who have heard either of those vocalists...

Good point, I've never heard Dennis singing. but, I've heard Paul day when he sings for another band, can't remember what its named.

SinisterMinisterX said:
Adrian Smith has perfect teeth.

He must be the only Englishman with that record.
Inclassable01.gif

SinisterMinisterX said:
Adrian Smith has never had to pay for his own drinks.

That's because he is a celebrity wherever he goes.

Pinky Maidenfan said:
Good point, I've never heard Dennis singing. But, I've heard Paul Day when he was singing for another band, can't remember what it was named.

Most likely, you are referring to More. They released two albums in 1981 and 1982 respectively that are considered NWOBHM classics. Good stuff, too. Day himself was only on the first one, called Warhead.
He later joined a band called Wildfire, which also released to albums (1983 and 1984). You can listen to the first album here.

LooseCannon said:
Adrian Smith taught Wayne Gretzky to play hockey.

Hahaha :)

BTW, I'll go for Bruce because he has more hair than Di'Anno and Blaze together (Blaze has fake hair).

Back