Favorite Iron Maiden Voice

Who is your favourite Iron Maiden vocalist?

• Paul Di'Anno

Votes: 11 7.1%
  • Bruce Dickinson

Votes: 136 87.2%
  • Blaze Bayley

Votes: 9 5.8%

• Total voters
Bruce, he simply has the most clearest and best sounding voice. 99% of the time I can't understand a word that Paul is saying, and Blaze's voice is almost too clear when slow and horrible when fast. Bruce however can sing slow, fast, raspy, clear, and probably a few other ways as well.

What?? No Adrian Smith option?? [!--emo&;)--][img src=\'style_emoticons/[#EMO_DIR#]/wink.gif\' border=\'0\' style=\'vertical-align:middle\' alt=\'wink.gif\' /][!--endemo--]

IMO, there's no question about it, it's definitely Bruce! He's got the best live voice (listen to RiR!!) and he can sign very low and still reach the high notes (Sign of the Cross where he sings very looooow) and also, his voice is incredibly strong.

And Hanyou, I totally agree; Bruce's version of Sign of the Cross is far better than Blaze's!

[!--emo&:bow:--][img src=\'style_emoticons/[#EMO_DIR#]/bowdown.gif\' border=\'0\' style=\'vertical-align:middle\' alt=\'bowdown.gif\' /][!--endemo--] Bruce is the best!!

I've said it before, and I'll say it again. Bruce generally butchers Blaze's songs. Blaze generally butchered Bruce's songs. SotC is far better with Blaze. Go listen to the version on ALAIG, then compare to RiR. Bruce is just too high pitched.

As for Bruce being able to sing fast...go listen to the Futureal live B side. Ouch. Just ouch.

Totally agree LC. If Maiden had recorded The X-Factor with Bruce it would have been a disaster. Hanyou, Blaze's voice fits ths album perfectly - it makes sense that Maiden would alter their playing style to fit the new singer's style.

gotta be bruce...he rocketed the band into another world.

I think what paul did with the band was great

Never really like much of what blaze did with the band tbh

Bruce has to be my choice....He has the best vocals out of the 3 and I just dont think the music sounds like the 'real' iron maiden if bruce isnt at the fore -front singing

I chose Bruce, of course, his voice IS Maiden ( no offence to the other singers...)

Of course, the legendary, Bruce Dickinson, the other vocalists can't come near Bruce, I think that they were rather weak, actually.

This is the easiest poll, it is ofcource the voice of Maiden and air raid siren BRUCE DICKINSON!!! (can I say something different as Dutch Bruce) He is my all time hero!

But, before I voted I brabbed virtual XI and put it in a CDPlayer for and objective choice [!--emo&:lmao:--][img src=\'style_emoticons/[#EMO_DIR#]/lol.gif\' border=\'0\' style=\'vertical-align:middle\' alt=\'lol.gif\' /][!--endemo--] I takes me so much time to listen to Blaze, his mumbling vocals and for minutes repeating the same line [!--emo&:blink:--][img src=\'style_emoticons/[#EMO_DIR#]/blink.gif\' border=\'0\' style=\'vertical-align:middle\' alt=\'blink.gif\' /][!--endemo--] The music on Virtual XI is also not maidens best. X Factor is musicly better but still i have to much trouble to listen to Blaze.

Dutch Bruce

[!--QuoteBegin-Dutch Bruce+Sep 20 2005, 09:10 AM--][div class=\'quotetop\']QUOTE(Dutch Bruce @ Sep 20 2005, 09:10 AM)[/div][div class=\'quotemain\'][!--QuoteEBegin--]I still have too much trouble listening to Blaze
[snapback]118887[/snapback]​
[/quote]
Me too, sometimes. His powerful and warm voice makes my eyes water.

I genuinely feel sorry for anyone who can't listen to the Blaze albums, because you're missing out on two of the best albums that Maiden have ever produced. Instrumentally, at least, these are as good as any other Maiden albums.
Okay, if you prefer the vocals of Bruce, fine, but maybe people have forced themselves to dislike Blaze's vocals out of loyalty to Bruce Dickinson. Don't forget that it was Bruce who quit Maiden, not the other way round. Blaze had a hard act to follow and was never intended to sound like Bruce.
It took me a while to get used to the change in vocals, more so than when I frst heard Paul Di'anno's albums, but now I can fully appreciate the work Maiden did in Bruce's absence, and I would urge others to make the effort of listening to the albums made with Blaze on vocals.

Bruce All The Way! I see it as this:

Paul Di'anno hit the high notes in places - Killers is a good example "Ahh" "Ow!"

Bruce Dickinson Hits High and Low - A good variation that means he won't find all that difficult to sing songs that require a cirtain pitch

Blaze Baily - He had those low notes no variation, he took maiden away from the kinds of tunes they had back in the day (NOTB Onwards) although some of his songs are good - Sign Of The Cross

I voted Bruce, as he's the vocalist that brpught Maiden to the height of their power, and his influence made Miaden what they are. Blaze was a good singer, but for his own projects...

Paul was ok, but he's a punker, not a metalist...

[!--QuoteBegin-Black Ace+Oct 9 2005, 01:37 AM--][div class=\'quotetop\']QUOTE(Black Ace @ Oct 9 2005, 01:37 AM)[/div][div class=\'quotemain\'][!--QuoteEBegin--]Paul was ok, but he's a punker, not a metalist...
[snapback]119958[/snapback]​
[/quote] [!--emo&:angry:--][img src=\'style_emoticons/[#EMO_DIR#]/mad.gif\' border=\'0\' style=\'vertical-align:middle\' alt=\'mad.gif\' /][!--endemo--] So? You dislike mingling of influences? If it wasn't for that, we'd have no metal to start with.
And what about the great Linkin Park project with that rapper, isn't that great? [!--emo&:p--][img src=\'style_emoticons/[#EMO_DIR#]/tongue.gif\' border=\'0\' style=\'vertical-align:middle\' alt=\'tongue.gif\' /][!--endemo--]

Seriously, if I had to vote in this poll, my brain would melt. I chose to keep my brain.

BRUCEY [!--emo&:)--][img src=\'style_emoticons/[#EMO_DIR#]/smile.gif\' border=\'0\' style=\'vertical-align:middle\' alt=\'smile.gif\' /][!--endemo--] !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

You have already voted in this poll

[!--emo&:blink:--][img src=\'style_emoticons/[#EMO_DIR#]/blink.gif\' border=\'0\' style=\'vertical-align:middle\' alt=\'blink.gif\' /][!--endemo--] My brain must've melted already [!--emo&:blink:--][img src=\'style_emoticons/[#EMO_DIR#]/blink.gif\' border=\'0\' style=\'vertical-align:middle\' alt=\'blink.gif\' /][!--endemo--]

Id have to go with Blaze, his dark voice suits Iron Maiden's themes. Buuut! I also think that Bruce is the best...it really depends on the song.

I voted for Paul, mostly because the self-titled album is the first Maiden album I listened to. I first heard it and I was blown away, especially by Phantom of the Opera. I like Bruce more than Blaze, but Blaze has sung on a lot of my favorite songs. In terms of what the singer has contributed to the band, though, Bruce of course wins.

bruce is by far the best maiden singer, one of the best metal singers ever (if not the best). paul is ok though, has anyone heard any of his solo stuff?

[!--QuoteBegin-Ascendancy+Oct 23 2005, 06:34 PM--][div class=\'quotetop\']QUOTE(Ascendancy @ Oct 23 2005, 06:34 PM)[/div][div class=\'quotemain\'][!--QuoteEBegin--]bruce is ...one of the best metal singers ever (if not the best).
[snapback]121026[/snapback]​
[/quote]
I will respect your opinion etc etc, but does anybody else think that if Rob Halford had been in Maiden, the band would have been just that little bit better? His vocal range would have perfectly suited Maiden's style, just imagine him doing the final line of "Hallowed be thy name"

Wow! I see what you mean, it would have gone on for ages probably. Can anybody imagine Bruce in 'Heavy Metal Parking Lot'?...no i suppose not then.

Back